jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you stop yourself from losing it with a moody, know it all, antagonistic

1. cindyvine profile image85
    cindyvineposted 9 years ago

How do you stop yourself from losing it with a moody, know it all, antagonistic teenager?

2. kasperay profile image56
    kasperayposted 8 years ago

Don't let them pull it out my friend! And if it is stress. Than the good news is that it is temporary. Your hair will grow right back again.

3. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 8 years ago

Hey Cindy! If I ever hear 'I know' ever again it will be too soon! My son is a good student and earned a nice scholarship while making the soccer team hes a great kid but he has his moments. I believe its a phase,  a friend told me that all of a sudden they act human again. Teen years are tough and the world is so much more complcated. Our kids are bombarded with information, everything moves faster and theres still hormones to deal with! If they have a serious behavior issue  get help but when my son gave me a load of crap. I would throw him down and tickle him until he screamed like a girl! That break in the action was enough to cool things down. Peace.

4. Silver Poet profile image77
    Silver Poetposted 8 years ago

If the youth is arguing with you, you can turn your back and walk away.  If he or she is trying to gain ground and wear you down, say something like, "I'm not going to argue about it.  I've told you what my answer is, and I'm not going to change my mind."

Be firm, be calm, be strong.

5. smelloftruth profile image60
    smelloftruthposted 7 years ago

You can hold your emotions a bit by realizing the teenage behaviour is by-product of complex hormones plus the upbringing and societal factors. By always being aware of this fact, you know that even though the factors doesn't justify behaviour, it could at least explain it why they're behaving that way.