jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

What is ebola?

1. goodnews11 profile image90
    goodnews11posted 3 years ago

What is ebola?

Now a days we are hearing a lot of news about Ebola virus in     newspapers and other media. How dangerous those virus are? Can ebola cause instant death in human beings? Kindly give a brief picture ebola and the symptoms caused by them in their victims.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

It is an infectious and generally fatal disease marked by fever and severe internal bleeding, spread through contact with infected body fluids by a filovirus ( Ebola virus ), whose normal host species is unknown. No, it does not kill instantly. But, only a minimal amount of people survive this virus.

1. goodnews11 profile image90
      goodnews11posted 3 years agoin reply to this

What is its mode of transmission?

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Contact with body fluids. Blood, urine, saliva, etc. of someone who is infected.

3. goodnews11 profile image90
      goodnews11posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Is it an air borne disease?

4. profile image0

No my friend. Only through contact with a person who has this horrible virus.

3. Rhonda Lytle profile image74
    Rhonda Lytleposted 3 years ago

If I remember right, it's like the world's most deadly retrovirus.  According to the CDC, before the last outbreak, the mortality rate was 90%, meaning 9 in 10 folks kick it when infected. 
    It's like an internal melt down of organs and systems that progresses to the point of total bleed out.
    While it is spread through bodily fluids at this time, one major fear and legitimately so is that the virus will mutate into an airborne strain.  There were a few fiction books and a movie or two back in the day.  Hot Zone I think was the name of the book but I'm not sure.  Dustin Hoffman was in the movie.
    What's significant about this outbreak as compared to previous ones is the travel rate.  With the push for open migration, borders and such through the UK and America, what's currently killing in four countries is poised to go pandemic like has never before happened in the history of humanity.

1. profile image0

The outbreaks are centralized in Africa with only a VERY FEW cases reported elsewhere in the world. Ebola has not gone airborne and is almost completely impossible for this virus to do so.

working