jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the difference between HIV and AIDS, and how can I tell if I have been e

1. George Maris profile image60
    George Marisposted 8 years ago

What is the difference between HIV and AIDS, and how can I tell if I have been exposed to the virus?

2. Scent profile image66
    Scentposted 8 years ago

HIV is a virus that causes AIDS. Most go through a 5 year regular testing

3. Kebennett1 profile image60
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

The four major routes of transmission are unsafe sex, contaminated needles, breast milk, and transmission from an infected mother to her baby at birth (Vertical transmission). Screening of blood products for HIV has largely eliminated transmission through blood transfusions or infected blood products in the developed world. Eventually most HIV-infected individuals develop AIDS. These individuals mostly die from opportunistic infections or malignancies associated with the progressive failure of the immune system. Without treatment, about 9 out of every 10 persons with HIV will progress to AIDS after 10–15 years. Many progress much sooner. Treatment with anti-retrovirals increases the life expectancy of people infected with HIV. Even after HIV has progressed to diagnosable AIDS, the average survival time with antiretroviral therapy (as of 2005) is estimated to be more than 5 years. Without antiretroviral therapy, death normally occurs within a year.
    The only real way to know is by being tested.  you can go to a clinic and be tested if you don't want to see your regular doctor.

4. profile image50
    Don551posted 6 years ago

If that's the case, they will pass on the problem very easily in fact it is really troubling. Conversely, the particular indications of HIV commonly appear two to four weeks after the virus and may easily be wrongly identified as the signs and symptoms of alternative conditions because they are similar to the winter flu symptoms i.e. the impacted individual experiences a fever, body cramps, and fatigue.

http://www.hivsymptomsblog.com/hiv-symptoms-in-men/

working