jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What's the most unteacher like thing a teacher has ever said to you or someone y

1. aolmadhurya profile image61
    aolmadhuryaposted 3 years ago

What's the most unteacher like thing a teacher has ever said to you or someone you know?

2. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

I had a TA once tell me that my online discussion contributions were totally lacking, which was fine... but the words he used were "I can't think of any good reason that you can't take 30 minutes a week to contribute, so either plan to go to the bar a little bit later or kick the guy out a little earlier the next morning, I don't care. Just stop being so lazy." When I told him that I was falling behind because I had a colicky three month old and was struggling to find a balance between being a student and a mom, he nearly shit himself. He was the NICEST person in the world from then on. I still reported him for basically calling me an irresponsible slut. smile

I've had a few terrible TAs but nothing too awful from teachers themselves.

3. chef-de-jour profile image96
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

Back in the good old days of education here in the UK when I was at high school - 1966-70 approximately - teachers could get away with almost anything!! Yes, it's true, I can personally attest to the misdemeanours, insults and violence dished out by some teachers to pupils in their care!! Sounds unbelievable but it's true. At school I was
    hit with a cane, a slipper, a book, an aluminium javelin, a big ball of string, and a hand!! These were the days before corporal punishment was outlawed!!
    I recall one day the chemistry teacher saying to me....'Spacey, pigs will fly the day you pass your Chemistry exam'.
    That day came and lots of pigs were in flight over my hometown. I passed that exam just to show the teacher how wrong, stupid and biased he was.

4. Penny G profile image72
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

When my daughter was in third grade there was a boy who was very disruptive and strived for attention. When the teacher who didn't handle this type of child well firmly put him in his seat he said; I'd rather be dead then be here! She went to the window; it was on the third story and said well then, go ahead and jump! I was outraged. I went to the school , however the boys Mom didn't after I told her, as she had too much trouble with them already she said. I was told I was taking it out of context; the teacher really didn't mean it she just was trying to scare him. He said the teacher had a bad day. We open enrolled somewhere else the next year.

5. DaisysJourney profile image76
    DaisysJourneyposted 3 years ago

When I was in high school, a female teacher said to a girl in class "what I wouldn't give to be in a body like yours."  I understand that the girl had a very nice figure, but it seemed grossly stated and vastly inappropriate to say such a thing to a student!

working