Historically, do you think early Christians believed "bad" politicians were alwa

1. DaisysJourney profile image79
    DaisysJourneyposted 3 years ago

Historically, do you think early Christians believed "bad" politicians were always the anti-Christ?

I recently saw someone on Facebook post a speech by Obama and prophesied that "it is finally happening!" referring to Obama as the anti-Christ.  I also remember this said of Clinton.  Although I always roll my eyes at this because neither democrat is charismatic enough to be the anti-Christ, it made me wonder: do Christians have a history of thinking politicians they don't like/agree with are the anti-Christ?  (Like Nero?  Hitler? or other leaders?)

2. Link10103 profile image73
    Link10103posted 3 years ago

I think a larger than should be number of christians believe that anyone who disagrees with them is either secretly the anti christ or in cahoots with the anti christ.

If Obama is the anti christ, i would imagine that Bush was the Super Devil.

3. Old-Empresario profile image80
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

No, the roots of this sort of talk began during the Cold War. In the 1970s and 1980s, Jerry Falwell and Billy Graham began looking for Anti-Christs. First, it was Gorbachev. After the Cold War ended, US presidents started getting targeted.