Do you believe in the anti-Christ? And if so do you believe they are here on Ear

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)
  1. daskittlez69 profile image75
    daskittlez69posted 12 years ago

Do you believe in the anti-Christ? And if so do you believe they are here on Earth now?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5454785_f260.jpg

2. zzron profile image57
    zzronposted 12 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3663919_f260.jpg

Yes and yes..................................

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

Well, first and foremost SECULAR HUMANISM is the embodiment of the anti Christ - it's the church of the anti Christ, if you will.  The leader hasn't appeared yet, and won't be known until global governance is declared, and a 7 year peace treaty signed between the entire world and the nation of Israel.

4. IntimatEvolution profile image68
    IntimatEvolutionposted 12 years ago

It is my humble opinion that there is an overwhelming amount of energy, being spent by Religionists, on the need for an anti-Christ.  In almost every religion there is known to man, there is an opposite, evil force that is suppose to ruin the world.  In the Christian world, this is how God is to be reborn again, and rock the world with his marvelous power.  Think about it.  An anti-Christ, brings out the justification of judgment, and maintains fear.  Fear is needed in order to control a mighty hoard of people. 

Do I personally believe that there is a being out there, with the destiny of the anti-Christ coursing through his veins?  No.  Do I believe there are wanna-be anti-Christ's looking to control people and events, in order to alter history?  Sure.  As long as we have people like Timothy McVeigh, Charles Manson, or this Harold Camping guy with his Rapture predictions, star struck on being famous....  we will have a belief in the anti-Christ.  I'm a Christian.  It has always been my long standing belief that Christians need a reason to believe.  So think about this.  What role does the anti-Christ play in society today?  Oh, he is to bring about the destruction of the world. (Miracle)  He is to cause a great battle between good and evil and good wins with the Rapture, and the coming of the Lord.  (Ah, another miracle.)  Another key point to this anti-Christ character is that it gives Christians a reason to believe in Jesus. It gives Muslims a reason to believe in Mohammad as a prophet.

It is just not good enough to believe in the love, joy and compassion of Jesus Christ.  What fun is that?  Love, Joy, and compassion are pretty easy going philosophies.  Too mundane for a world such as ours.  We must have an anti-Christ to ruin the day.  Christ NEVER said there will be an anti-Christ.  HE never mentioned him, he never said anything about it, and there is no mention of the anti-Christ in the Torah or OT.  The five books of Moses, don't say anything about a Rapture, or an evil being flying down from heaven with 7 heads in the shape of a dragon, with seven seals to mark the ruin of the world. 

So how did we get this marvelous tale of good vs. evil?  A guy.  And this man supposedly named John had a crazy dream one night, and now this dream has turned into a bigger than life saga, chalked full of crazy people with tatt'd up foreheads with the numbers 666, doom, plagues, and death.  Go figure. 
    He had a dream.

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 12 years ago

I think he already came and went long ago judging by the course of things.

6. ibbarkingmad profile image59
    ibbarkingmadposted 12 years ago

Yes there is anti-Christ's. Yes they are on this Earth. The refusal to recognize evil is almost as bad as doing evil.

7. shamani67 profile image62
    shamani67posted 12 years ago

I know for a fact that their is life after death, however I am not religious in anyway. I do not believe there is a god or satan. However, I do believe in good and evil. Darwins Evolution really does work if you look at it. It is based on facts, not theory.
    I have my spirit guides and believe strongly that our Soul survives when our body is no longer useful. The Bible is a man made work of fiction. To believe otherwise is hypocrytical.

8. Devika12 profile image60
    Devika12posted 12 years ago

Well there's nothing actually as anti or pro. Its all in the mind. What suits people, becomes favorable what doesn't suit becomes anti.

9. VENZKHVAM profile image61
    VENZKHVAMposted 12 years ago

the very fact whether it is Christ or any one god available or not available is really very hard to predict.

if you read my hub on mystery of universe i had raised the same questions?.

we are just an molecule based creatures created by god to have fun.

yes like if there is light there is darkness,
    if there is man there is a woman
    if there is truth there is a lie
    if there is smile there is cry
    if there is life there is death
    if there is mountains there is shallow pits
    if there is good there is bad
    if there is like there is dislike

so if there is Christ then there is Antichrist also in earth.

just an imagination.

10. profile image0
    Saugasfinestposted 12 years ago

No,

I think that its a lot of nonsense. It would seriously take some in your face evidence to prove otherwise to me too. Not a few bad events, or a bad luck streak.

11. RavenBiker profile image61
    RavenBikerposted 12 years ago

Christ was a great philosopher and humanitarian.  He was also a rebel and a dissenter.  In order to believe in the anti-Christ, you must first believe he was the son of God.  Personally, no, the anti-Christ is more of the hocus-pocus people insist believing in .It makes for a good movie perhaps.

12. Seeker7 profile image82
    Seeker7posted 12 years ago

I'm not a follower of any particular faith but I do believe in evil forces. Looking around today at our poor planet, you don't have to search that far to see that evil, discord and chaos are on the rise big time - I'm sure many would say that this is the working of the anti-christ.

13. nlclark profile image60
    nlclarkposted 12 years ago

Anti-Christ is just a name.  Actually, everything has an opposite.  Warm has cold.  light has dark, hunger has sated, happy has sad.  You can't have one if the other doesn't exist.  Good has bad.  If good is Christ and bad is Anti-Christ, then yes it exists, but it is only a name for bad energy, like Christ is a name for good energy.

Good and bad energy have existed on this earth forever.  This is nothing new.  Did you hold the door open for the woman at the bank carrying the baby or did you keep walking and pretend not to notice?  Did you help the elderly man at the grocery store, put the load in his trunk, or is your time more valuable than that?  Did you let that car merge in front of you in the construction zone, or did you want to be ahead in the 2 mph lane?

Good, or not so good.  Nice, or not so nice.  We all decide every day.

14. profile image0
    VeronicaInspiresposted 11 years ago

Yes. And yes. This passage sums it up perfectly:

“My dear friends, many false prophets have gone out into the world. So do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see if they are from God. This is how you know God's spirit: Every     spirit who confesses that Jesus Christ came to earth as a human is from God. And every spirit who refuses to say this is not from God. It is the spirit of the enemy of Christ, which you have     heard is coming and now he is already in the world.” Revelations 12:10-11.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)