jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

How do you find positivity?

1. kevin murphy-87 profile image81
    kevin murphy-87posted 3 years ago

How do you find positivity?

2. profile image55
    smileysockposted 3 years ago

I think it is the round part of a AA battery.

3. Rod Marsden profile image74
    Rod Marsdenposted 3 years ago

I look for it in people I work with and in family. I certainly don't look for it in religion.

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 3 years ago

In my bible. The word of God; it is all that is positive and will never pass away.

1. Rod Marsden profile image74
      Rod Marsdenposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Good luck.

2. kevin murphy-87 profile image81
      kevin murphy-87posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I respect your love for your religion Jackie. Although sometimes i do find comfort in scripture sometimes its hard to find the answer your looking for. But maybe Garth Brooks was right when he said "some of Gods greatest gifts are unanswered prayers"

5. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11940535_f260.jpg

Unlike electrical current, I believe positive attracts positive and negativity externalizes around its surroundings; thus, I find positivity by externalizing positivity and hanging with positivity as much as possible, AWWWWW, I just got shocked and it felt positive!
    I will deposit my positiveness with my trusty Van Degraff generator...

1. kevin murphy-87 profile image81
      kevin murphy-87posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I like the idea of the belt, I've never seen it before. Thanks.

2. connorj profile image76
      connorjposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Belt out the positives and witness the (positive) change...

6. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

By keeping things in perspective and doing something I enjoy.
    Oftentimes being positive or negative has nothing to do with what is actually going on with us. You can watch the news or read about negative things that are going on with other people or around the world and gradually you find yourself becoming depressed.
    While it's natural to have some empathy it's also important to recognize that things are not so grave in your own (personal) world or household.
    Sometimes you simply need to "unplug" for a little while. Listen to music on your iPod, read a book, workout, or go see a movie. Many years ago me along with some friends rented a cabin in Big Bear (Southern California). We only brought music, cards, and board games, to play and had no access to TV, radio, or newspapers while we were there for the weekend.
    By the time we came down the mountainside we could feel a wave of stress returning to our lives. Various things had occurred in the news and sports world. Murders, criminal activities, and so on.
    Traffic was bumper to bumper, smog was in the air, and noise all around us. It dawned on us this is how we live most days of our life.
    Keeping things in perspective means also acknowledging you're not going to get a lot of things you want out of life. You do your best and celebrate whatever victories that come your way. Read inspiring biographies, shut out negativity as much as positive. Know yourself, Love yourself, and Trust yourself. Look for positives!

working