jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What makes people feel highly uncomfortable regarding the dark/darkness, instead

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What makes people feel highly uncomfortable regarding the dark/darkness, instead of

realizing & accepting it as a natural part of life & living?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/11992711_f260.jpg

2. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 3 years ago

Fear, GM. We feel insecure, but mostly we want to stay alive. This is our greatest instinct. Indeed we do this so often that we don't even think about it. We look left and right when we cross the road, we jump or startle when we hear a noise, or feel uncomfortable in crowded areas. We hate the dark and cross over to the other side when we see someone or hear footsteps.

The nature of the Soul is Freedom, but we have lost it temporarily. We are on our way back and become scared of things that get in our way. Yet as with all Truth, there is a paradox. We want to stay on Earth. We are pulled by life's ephemeral trappings and enjoy the pleasure and the pain.

Ultimately, we fear darkness because we came from Light, and unconsciously or consciously, we sense this, and are like pilgrims journeying home. Much Peace to You, my Friend.

P.S. For the Saint it is a natural part of living, like you say, but only from the standpoint that he is strong inwardly. He is further ahead on the same road that you and I are travelling. Peace.

1. profile image0
      Janice Hornerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm fine with the dark, provided I'm at home in a secure place.  When I'm outside in the dark, I'm always listening and looking behind!   I never walk in the dark alone!  Far too creepy!

2. manatita44 profile image84
      manatita44posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Sincere remark. Do you know why you feel this way? Why you seem afraid?

3. Kiss andTales profile image78
    Kiss andTalesposted 3 years ago

Because Darkness is explained and written as not a good thing ,Reference Bible Joh 8:12 Therefore Jesus spoke again to them, saying: “I am the light of the world. He that follows me will by no means walk in darkness, but will possess the light of life.” 

Reference Bible 1Th 5:5 for YOU are all sons of light and sons of day. We belong neither to night nor to darkness. 

Reference Bible Joh 12:46 I have come as a light into the world, in order that everyone putting faith in me may not remain in the darkness. 

To accept darkness is to reject the light of God
    As written Reference Bible Joh 3:19 Now this is the basis for judgment, that the light has come into the world but men have loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were wicked. 
    We do not want to label our selfs as being wicked.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

yes, feeling scared, afraid of darkness, can't see anything, feeling eerie and having negative thoughts for nothing

working