jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What kind of legacy will Generation X or the 13th Generation (1961-81) leave fo

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What kind of legacy will Generation X or the 13th Generation  (1961-81) leave for America?

2. Phil Plasma profile image75
    Phil Plasmaposted 3 years ago

I'm an X-er and I don't think I'll be leaving much, on the other hand, Elon Musk is an X-er and he's doing a whole lot for the rest of us.  For our generation as a whole I think it is hard to say - coming after the boomers I think our generation is ending up a bit of a let down, but there is still time to turn things around.

3. Old-Empresario profile image82
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

They turned bartenders into simply "the guy/gal who works the tap". But seriously, I think it is the Gen X'ers who killed the "serious" cocktail. The ordinary bartenders' trade of mixing drinks has been completely replaced by a new skill of being able to speak intelligently about IPAs. Other contributions--the Age of Communication. They really took this absolute nonsense (and it is that) with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and gave it legs. Thanks to them, everyone must be accessible at all times through various forms of media all on their smartphones.

I prefer the generation that followed; whatever they're called. They're definitely the funniest generation in the history of mankind. They have taken the simple concept of irony and turned it into an art form.

1. Phil Plasma profile image75
      Phil Plasmaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The next after X are being referred to as 'Millennials' and they are generally known for their penchant for feeling entitled and their hyper mobility in terms of job hopping.