jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you agree that it is only a minority percentage of people who really desire t

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Do you agree that it is only a minority percentage of people who really desire to be and

enjoy being parents while the vast majority of people become parents because of outside pressure by parents, religious authorities, relatives, friends, and peers with the result of seeing their children as tolerable inconveniences at best and aggravating nuisance at worst?

2. Kiss andTales profile image81
    Kiss andTalesposted 3 years ago

Sometimes people are physical  perants because of the responbilty to have a child for a good contencious, because it is a life like they are. So they will carry and have the baby , they will have a child not desired and that is about all, they will not do the other things required  the mothering ,and the child care, there are many like this ,that is why welfare institutions  is always taking kids from these situations.
    Reference Bible 2Ti 3:3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 
    Notice no natral affection is the case here ,no motherly affection.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I believe there are a lot of people who looked forward to being parents until they became parents!
    While it is not politically correct to say they wished they didn't have their children even it was with an ex they hate; silently there are many who secretly do wish they didn't have children.
    Our divorce rater hovers around 50% and odds are there are many folks who wish they did not have the life long connection of children.
    Throughout my single years I was blessed to date many women who were single mothers or single parents via divorce. I got to see everything from infants to tweens, and young adults. I couldn't wait to get a vasectomy! LOL!
    I knew in my heart that I wasn't feeling the fatherhood gene and I loved NOT having a "complicated" or "stressful" life for as much as that is possible.
    I understood having children is a choice and not an obligation.
    Then again maybe I'm in the minority. I'm not a huge pet or (live plant) fan either! ha ha ha
    Having said that I have known people that believe all children are "god's gift" and there is no such thing as having too many! Oftentimes they'll divorce when they have an empty nest.

4. Chris Neal profile image77
    Chris Nealposted 3 years ago

No, I don't agree.

Three hours and you already picked a best answer?

But no, I don't.