What are THE MAIN DIFFERENCES between parents of small families(1-2 children per family) & parents
of large/very large families(6 & more children per family) in terms of parent-child interaction/involvement,exposing children to cultural & intellectual activities, attitudes towards education/achievement & success?What makes parents of small families be more proactive, putting much forethought & planning before they have children so that the latter be born into an environment which they have myriad choices & opportunities as opposed to parents of large families who just give birth to children,having a lackadaisical attitude towards their children's outcome i.e. they either sink or swim?
The answer to your highly biased and leading question is....
...that the parents of smaller families tend to put more emphasis on highly-structured exposures to culture and education because they believe (either explicitly or implicitly) that this is both a result of and way of 'building' better people (smarter, harder-working, more intellectual and more morally pure.) They tend to be of the mindset to begin with that smaller families are better.
Although the media is certainly saturated with stories of "lackadaisical" parents with many children, these tend to be the exception rather than the rule. Even in poverty-stricken neighborhoods,, families of six or more children are not the norm. And just because you have more than 1.5 children does not mean you have little interest in their intellectual or 'spiritual' well-being. Often, though, these parents lack access to, and a knowledge of how to navigate through, certain institutions that more affluent parents take for granted. Once you are in poverty, it is damnably difficult to work your way out. It takes more than just money.
(1) Parents of small families are wholly involved in their children's lives whereas parents of large/very large families leave children to their own devices.
(2) Parents of small families assume the adult role in the family whereas parents of large/very large families abdicate their adult roles, consigning such roles to their oldest/older children. Oldest/older children are THE TRUE ADULTS in large/very large families, never the parents.
(3) Parents of small families organize, plan, & strategize to insure their children's educational & socioeconomic future whereas parents of large/very large families could care less about organizing, planning, & strategizing for their children's educational & socioeconomic future. Their children have to INSURE their own educational & socioeconomic future.
(4) Parents of small families put their children FIRST & themselves LAST whereas parents of large/very large families put themselves FIRST & their children LAST, particularly their oldest children. In essence, parents of small families have children to SERVE THE CHILDEN while parents of large/very large families have children to SERVE THEM.
(5) Parents of small families have warm, close, loving, & nurturing relationships w/their children whereas parents of large families have cold, distant, & even non-existent relationships w/their children.
(6) Parents of small families are parents in every definition of the world whereas parents of large/very large families are "parents" in name only, if that.
(7) Parents of small families value higher level needs while parents of large/very large families are only concerned w/ basic needs, viewing all needs beyond the rudimentary as totally unnecessary, even wasteful. Parents of small families believe in living a cultivated life beyond struggle, they have an abundance mentality while parents of large/very large value struggle & poverty, even honoring THEM. They have a poverty, lack, & scarcity mentality which they imbue to their children.
by Grace Marguerite Williams 3 years ago
The large family of 6 or more children is becoming outmoded. The large family usually have a diametrically different culture and milieu to that of the small family. Parental interaction is rare to nonexistent. As a result of this little or none parental...
by Grace Marguerite Williams 4 years ago
What causes so many parents of large families (6 or more children per household) routinelycriticize small families (1-2 children per household) and go into attack mode when people return the favor? In blogs,hubs, and articles, parents of large families routinely criticize small families,...
by Christian L Perry 2 months ago
What is the root cause of poverty in the world?
by Andria 5 years ago
How To Take Care Of A Large Family
by H C Palting 2 weeks ago
Do you believe that poorer and/or less educated people have more children whom they can't support?Do you know any ill effects to the child(ren) born to these families and society? If so, what are they?
by Shawn Yeager 3 years ago
What are the main differences between Christians and Mormons?
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|