What makes kindness viewed as a deficiency, even something to be detested while

1. gmwilliams profile image87
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What makes kindness viewed as a deficiency, even something to be detested while ruthlessness

is viewed as a strength, even admired & glorified, in postmodern American culture?Remember the saying that nice people finish last.People view nice people as weaklings not worthy of respect.There are some who consider nice people to have no smarts, considering them to be ninnies.Nice people are even considered to be doormats to be abused.Meanwhile, ruthless people are admired because THEY are not ashamed to go after what they what.They are also seen as very strong in their respective endeavors & people RESPECT strength.Ruthless people emit a radar of one had better not mess with them or else..

2. Laura Schneider profile image90
    Laura Schneiderposted 3 years ago

I think that there is a middle ground—assertiveness—that more people should find. One can be assertive and kind/compassionate. Being assertive, if done right, hurts no one and is kind and yet accomplishes important goals. You can even be assertively kind, in my experience. Why kindness isn't valued in our society is probably why our society has so many problems. I have no answer to your actual question, other than I think that people in our society (I live in the USA) have become selfish and self-serving and small-minded.

3. Kiss andTales profile image81
    Kiss andTalesposted 3 years ago

In answering your question which makes it look like goodness is bad, according to this world under satan power it is bad for him ! And to live a life not considering others as a power move as to control ,and make others feel they are nothing , is not the way of the Heavenly Father , but that is demonic,

But the bible simply puts it,

Ro 8:2 For the law of that spirit which gives life in union with Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

New World Translation Lu 13:30 And look! there are those last who will be first, and there are those first who will be last.” 

New World Translation Ga 5:22 On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, 

New World Translation Ga 5:23 mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 

New World Translation Eph 5:9 for the fruitage of the light consists of every sort of goodness and righteousness and truth. 

These qualities will keep existing in the future.

New World Translation Ps 37:11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. 

Ps 72:7 In his days the righteous one will sprout, And the abundance of peace until the moon is no more. 

Psalms 37:14 The wicked ones have drawn a sword itself and have bent their bow, To cause the afflicted and poor one to fall, To slaughter those who are upright in [their] way. 15 Their own sword will enter into their heart, And their own bows will be broken.

We never want to be the ones living up to this last scripture.

But we want to live forever as The Heavenly Father invites all.