jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Why do people think that they are entitled to things that they did not earn?

1. Broc Gustafson profile image79
    Broc Gustafsonposted 3 years ago

Why do people think that they are entitled to things that they did not earn?

I am not talking about anything specifically. This is just a general question that I wonder about often. It seems like more and more people lately seem to think that they deserve things that they have done nothing to earn.

2. Dr Billy Kidd profile image92
    Dr Billy Kiddposted 3 years ago

I personally don't know anyone who feels entitled to things they didn't earn. But I see the sense of entitlement expressed in the way guys piss on the toilet seat. With no respect for the next person.

1. Broc Gustafson profile image79
      Broc Gustafsonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Things like this drive me crazy! Respect for others in general seems to be something that is withering away.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

You see this a lot with teenagers and especially those who come from rich households. Just recently Conrad Hilton age (20) allegedly threatened and intimidated flight attendants on a British Airways flight from London to Los Angeles last summer, using profanity, smoking in a bathroom and calling passengers "peasants,".
    Hilton yelled several times, saying "I will f------ own anyone on this flight; they are f------ peasants."
    He also allegedly told a flight attendant that "I could get you all fired in five minutes. I know your boss!"
    "My father will pay this out, he has done it before. Dad paid $300,000 last time,"
    Another example is Ethan Couch age (17) -- who drove drunk and caused a crash, killing four people and injuring two was sentenced to go to a lock-down (residential) treatment facility rather than prison. Why?
    Couch was a victim of "affluenza" -- the product of wealthy, privileged parents who never set limits for the boy. the teen must refrain from using drugs or alcohol. He will also not be allowed to drive. If Couch violates the terms of his 10 year probation.
    Imagine if the average Joe (killed 4 people) and blamed it on "poverty" because he had no father in the home and his mother was always running the streets. Odds are he wouldn't get  10 years probation!
    These "Trust Fund kids" don't just want something for nothing they expect EVERYTHING for nothing!
    They really believe the laws don't apply to them.

working