Why is it that youngest siblings tend to be self-centered, immature, and even sp

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Why is it that youngest siblings tend to be self-centered, immature, and even spoiled?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11815828_f260.jpg

2. Amanda108 profile image93
    Amanda108posted 3 years ago

Personally I don't find that to be true at all in real life, as my kid sister is one of the sweetest souls you'll ever meet, and most of my friends are the eldest and yet I don't see (or hear about) their youngest sibling being any different from anyone else.

I think it is mostly a stereotype, especially as the *eldest* sibling is sometimes those things as well. However, there is certainly some psychological reasoning behind this (eldest or youngest being spoiled) when it is the case. They are special to the family, either by coming first or being the "baby" and the "last" which then makes the parents overly sentimental and tolerant of behavior that should be shut down early on in childhood.

3. jainswati profile image70
    jainswatiposted 2 years ago

I also wonder why this is so. Generally elder siblings are more resposible are mature and so they pamper their younger siblings.This may be the reason for them to get spoiled as they get attention from both parents and their elder siblings.

working