jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Are Doctors Still Accidentally Killing Their Patients?

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image85
    Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago

Are Doctors Still Accidentally Killing Their Patients?

While reading the life of Beethoven, I saw that there was controversy regarding his death. Some assert that he was accidentally poisoned to death due to excessive doses of lead-based treatments prescribed by his doctor. Even today, we watch advertisements regarding the many dangerous side effects of drugs. Sometimes this is only discovered after many individuals either become extremely ill or die.

Are doctors still accidentally killing their patients?

2. cebutouristspot profile image75
    cebutouristspotposted 2 years ago

Different people react to drugs differently.  The dosage that doctor use is base on the accepted dose that was determine during drug trials.

But yes I believe this is still happening.  After all doctors are still human.

P.S. - For me medicine is not a proven science but it is applied science.

Jacqueline4390posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I prefer not to be an experiment that failed!

3. kj force profile image74
    kj forceposted 2 years ago

Well...Medications are drugs and drugs have side effects...which affect many...in very different ways, as *cebutouristpot stated.... but it is a vicious circle..The Pharmacuetical companies are the backers of Medical research and also the suppliers of the drugs / re: disease and disorders... and occasionally a cure is discovered.
    You would be surprised how many in the Healthcare Profession actually have a voice in this matter. It's not the Dr's that opt the kill...it's the reaction to cure/treatment that kills...
    Very thought provoking question....
    '

Considering that many put their lives into the hands of doctors, it should be standard procedures to run test and perhaps give patients samples to insure safety.

2. kj force profile image74
      kj forceposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree,,,, and that used to be standard procedure.. however.."free " samples ..cut into the profit for Pharm. companies, they discontinued the policy..by the way Insurance companies are mainly owned by Pharm.companies...note the connection ?

3. Jacqueline4390 profile image85

My former doctor of 20+ years would always give me samples because she knew that my body rejected most prescription medicine. She retired and the new guy prescribe some meds for me that had me vomiting all night. The Pharms have salesmen that visit.

working