jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you knew someone that was going to kill them self would you stop them?

1. iggy7117 profile image80
    iggy7117posted 2 years ago

If you knew someone that was going to kill them self would you stop them?

2. Jewels profile image84
    Jewelsposted 2 years ago

That depends on the circumstances.  If it was because they had a terminal illness and terrible quality of life with no chance of improvement, then no I'd allow them to do it.  Hopefully their means of doing it was conducive to not suffering more and it was going to be 100% successful.

Otherwise I'd take steps to prevent their death.

3. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

Yes because if they told me or gave me that impression they were calling out for help.If someone really wants to die,noone would know they would end it.

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

my bro has OCD and he said something weird that gave me a scare. I told me dad to look after him closely, let me know anything wrong. Gotta do something before too late

5. lisavollrath profile image94
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

Being the quintessential Libra, I have two answers to this:

If the person in question was depressed and suicidal, I would try to get them some help.

If the person was terminally ill, and wanted to end their life on their own terms, I would not interfere.

6. liesl5858 profile image89
    liesl5858posted 2 years ago

The answer to this question is yes, I will try and stop someone from killing themselves if I knew. But if the person is terminally ill and want to stop his or her suffering, I won't stop him or her. It really depends on how the situation is but if I knew someone who is suicidal, I will try and help them to stop. Sometimes when we are faced with problems that somehow feels like it is not going to be solved, we think of just ending it all. But dying is not the answer to our problems.

7. M. T. Dremer profile image96
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

I would try. Life is a very rare and precious thing. I can think of no greater crime than throwing it away. I couldn't possibly know what that person has been through (that led them to suicide), but I would certainly try to help.

working