jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Does anyone here know someone or an organization that donates teaching mterials?

1. cianeko profile image87
    cianekoposted 2 years ago

Does anyone here know someone or an organization that donates teaching mterials?

I am a teacher and in need of a powerpoint projector for my classroom. I am currently teaching elementary in an island school here in the Philippines. My kids are great and very eager to learn. However I want them to see more than what they are seeing in their everyday life. I believe that they can learn more and get more interactive through classroom technology. Thank you.

2. Kylyssa profile image97
    Kylyssaposted 2 years ago

Have you thought of using an online fundraiser, either on the school's website or on one of the fundraising platforms online?

I haven't used any of these but I've seen others use them with mixed success. Success seems to hinge on the cleverness of your campaign. Having a video on the campaign with the explanatory text seems to bring better results, too.

fundrazr.com/pages/fundraising-for-nonprofits

gofundme.com/

crowdrise.com/

I wish you the best of luck. Thank you for being a caring teacher.

cianekoposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Hi Kylyssa! Thank you for your kind words and suggestions. I have tried with gofundme.com but I think the recipient should be from the US, Canada or Australia. Thank you very much for the other suggestions. I'll utilize them.

3. profile image60
    Wu Baoluposted 2 years ago

There are many options available in trying to get funding for your school.

Option 1:

Try some form of crowd funding, such as:

a) GoFundMe.com
    b) DonorsChoose.org

Option 2:

There are organizations and charities committed to helping schools, such as:

a) www.charitynavigator.org
    b)  Krogers Community Donations https://www.communitygifts.com
    c) www.teachforamerica.org
    d) Microsoft (www.microsoft.com/…./en-us/nonprofits/whos-eligible)
    e) Gates Foundation  www.gatesfoundation.org/‎

Option 3

Contact your local churches, Boys and Girl Clubs, Community Newspaper, and / or Community Out Reach Programs

Thank you so much Wu Baolu for these! I'll make sure to try them.

4. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 2 years ago

Hi! Thank you for your suggestion. I'll consider it.

working