jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is the discovery of water on Mars would benefit us ?

1. TarekMamdouh profile image71
    TarekMamdouhposted 2 years ago

Is the discovery of water on Mars would benefit us ?

2. at16 profile image61
    at16posted 2 years ago

i don't think it will benefit us because they want to find new life but if they would read the bible it does not talk about any other life form so i don't think so but that is just my opinion.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The bible only talks about the planet earth. Maybe God figured it's a " need to know basis". It doesn't say he didn't put life on other planets in the bible.

2. at16 profile image61
      at16posted 2 years agoin reply to this

that's not my point here my point is that if he did put life on other planets he would talk about "all of his creations" not just us so that's why i believe that we are just wasting money on all of this because it cost millions of dollars to do this

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

If we plan to explore Mars it makes a huge difference if the astronauts don't have to carry a heavy payload of water with them.
    Secondly one theory is if there is water on Mars there may be life there too. Space exploration is more about (man's curiosity) than seeking a benefit.

1. at16 profile image61
      at16posted 2 years agoin reply to this

thank you

4. Ruth Angel profile image79
    Ruth Angelposted 2 years ago

OF COURSE the discovery of water on Mars benefits us!  Our method of exploring the outer planets had advanced enough to make such a discovery, our knowledge of what lies beyond us will inevitably expand. This doesn't necessarily mean that life currently exists there, and if it does it would have to exist under dissimilar circumstances in comparison to ours, because Mar's magnetic field (which would protect it from the harmful energy from the sun) is very minuscule compared to Earth's, which gives  Mar's a very dense carbon dioxide atmosphere.

working