jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If scientists could prove there's life on another planet,how would that affect y

1. Stevie Marvel profile image68
    Stevie Marvelposted 2 years ago

If scientists could prove there's life on another planet,how would that affect your current beliefs?

2. JasmenVilando profile image81
    JasmenVilandoposted 2 years ago

Depending on the quality of the proof, it may affect my beliefs in the credibility of scientists.

3. RLWalker LM profile image76
    RLWalker LMposted 2 years ago

If the planet is in our solar system then it would cause me to wonder how likely it is that either on obtained life from the other or a common source, or whether they spawned independantly which would seem much less likely.

I would wonder how much different is that life from ours. Does it have DNA, for example.

I would wonder how long it's been there and how much it's evolved.

It wouldn't really change any belief of mine.

4. Michaela Osiecki profile image78
    Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years ago

It wouldn't affect my current beliefs at all.

I've always assumed there had to be life out there somewhere, it's ignorant to think only ONE planet in the entire universe could have a complex biological system that sustains life.

5. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12095875_f260.jpg

It wouldn't affect my current beliefs in the least.  I always believed in possibilities.  I never had limited beliefs.   There are things existing that we have never heard of nor thought about.  This universe is vast.  In fact, the universe is beyond vast.  There are lifeforms that we have never heard of.  We don't know everything.  We are learning or should be learning each day & as we progress as a culture, civilization, & species.

6. profile image60
    peter565posted 2 years ago

Nothing, the universe is unlimited big in size, therefore, if life could happen on Earth, there must be another planet that have life.  The only question is whether we would be in contact with them. But I won't recommand contact with alien life, until we know more about them, because they could be hostile,

7. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

It would probably depend on what kind of life that they found, and where they found it.

Keep in mind that anything we see today out there is just a snapshot that is millions or billions of years old.

If they found it in our solar system then, I wouldn't really care, as it might already be here on Earth, or not. In which case, it hasn't done anything, and ignorance is bliss.

Feel free to delete my answer, for any reason.

working