jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What would your reaction be if your son decided to wear dresses & makeup as part

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What would your reaction be if your son decided to wear dresses & makeup as part of his normal

mode of expression & decided to adapt a lifestyle of gender fluidity?  Actress Susan Sarandon proudly indicated that one of her sons Miles Robbins is a gender fluid young man.  She further is glad that he is beyond traditional gender boundaries.   

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12744883_f260.jpg

2. jlpark profile image86
    jlparkposted 2 years ago

I don't (currently) have a son, only a daughter (and her wearing typically male clothes is more accepted).

But if I did have a son and he chose to wear makeup and dresses as part of his being gende fluid - as long as he was happy, not hurting anyone or himself - I'd like to think I'd support him, through whatever struggles he may have being his authentic self - because unfortunately the rest of society isn't yet ready to deal with people living authentically, if it means different to them.

Well done to Susan for being so accepting

3. Michaela Osiecki profile image77
    Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years ago

As a non-binary individual myself, I would have no problem with it. Androgyny is often more accepted coming from those perceived as female because adopting more masculine traits is fine in our society, but for a male to adopt any kind of feminine trait is still highly criticized, because to be feminine or female is "shameful". I would be very proud of my hypothetical son for being brave enough to not only be himself but inadvertently challenge some of these misconceptions about femininity and the 'weaker sex'.

4. AMFredenburg profile image79
    AMFredenburgposted 2 years ago

I'd probably get really upset and afraid for his safety, then I'd get over it and support him.

5. Byonder5 profile image61
    Byonder5posted 16 months ago

Well that son would be me in some - not all- ways. But supportive is what I would of course be in the hypothesis.

working