Why do we humans love to believe that there are those who are SO MUCH GREATER th

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 24 months ago

Why do we humans love to believe that there are those who are SO MUCH GREATER than

we are via celebrities, politicians, &/or other powerful figures?  Are such people our Gods/Goddesses so to speak? 

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12656707_f260.jpg

2. rainsanmartin profile image92
    rainsanmartinposted 24 months ago

Though society may be deceived into believing others are greater than they are themselves, we are all equal in the eyes of God. We must have trust in our hearts that all people are equal in worth. Some choose to live a more simple life, while others may opt for another route. It is only our discipline, faith and temperance shown by love which can be used to propel us toward the life of our dreams.

3. ValKaras profile image86
    ValKarasposted 24 months ago

I think they are just professionals in entertainment or other public field who simply have to look and act in a certain way  -  because it's the crucial part of their job. As individuals they could be miserable, bored, feel neglected, insecure, depressed, anxious, even slightly psychotic  -  just like any ordinary dude or dudese.

Thinking of them as some sort of social "deities" is just a symptom of someone's low self-esteem or self-appreciation as a human being. Besides it's a part of our being brainwashed by our culture-market including the maddening addiction to media which can produce something like a mass hypnosis with its glamorizing of certain personages of public life. They do it in politics, business, religion, and in entertainment.

Personally, I truly respect those talented movie creators, I like their looks, and their award events, while fully aware that they are only very good at what they do  -  but not necessarily better human beings than myself. After all, "the best of life is free" (health, happiness, love, and wisdom), and if those celebrities couldn't  generate any of it from within  -  all that fame and money won't buy it to them. So, why envy them, if we can be our own stars in the theatre of our minds?

working