jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why IS 3 A.M. sometimes known...........as THE WITCHING HOUR or better YET THE D

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 20 months ago

Why IS 3 A.M. sometimes known...........as THE WITCHING HOUR or better YET THE DEVIL'S HOUR?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12485334_f260.jpg

2. LoliHey profile image54
    LoliHeyposted 20 months ago

It's because Jesus was said to have died at 3 pm.  Satanists always do the opposite.  So 3 am therefore is the devil's hour.  At this hour, demonic activity is at its highest, and Satanists do a lot of their spells and such.  If I wake up at 3 am, I immediately pray.

3. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 20 months ago

Any tales I've ever heard of "the witching hour" have to do with the belief that approximately 3a.m. is the time when all the spooks, witches, demons & other creepy creatures come out from their respective dwellings and hiding places to do their dastardly deeds.  It's the hour when it is most dangerous and frightening and leaves the innocent public at risk of being preyed upon.
    Many decades ago it was considered to be Midnight, but somewhere along the way, I guess these nasty shadowy figures decided to change the hour to 3 a.m.
    Of course this is all myth and/or folklore that has no meaning in reality.  However, there is the belief that "Nothing good ever happens after Midnight."......which IMO was fabricated by parents of teen-agers or wives with husbands who went out with the guys too often!  It's all part of the "Spook & Guilt Method" of control!..............Paula

4. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 17 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13025134_f260.jpg

It is because according to religious folklore, Jesus Christ supposedly died at 3 P.M. so 3 A.M. is viewed as the opposite, the hour of the Devil.  It is also the time when malevolent forces are at their most active & potent.  It is seen as the quintessential night hour as nighttime is viewed as very ominous in the subconscious human mind & consciousness.

Also it is believed that those who participate in occult & other nefarious practices are active at this hour.  They contend that such practitioners feel that the devil is the most receptive to their wishes at this particular hour.  Also 3 A.M. is considered to be the apex of nighttime for it is supposedly the darkest before the dawn.

working