jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do YOU think is the greatest invention of all time? Why, is that so?

1. Michael Tu profile image84
    Michael Tuposted 22 months ago

What do YOU think is the greatest invention of all time? Why, is that so?

The greatest inventions are often those that we use on a daily basis, yet don't notice that we use. I did a hub on the sewage system, but I'm fairly convinced that it isn't the most important invention of all time. So, I was wondering, what is the greatest invention of all time?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13051874_f260.jpg

2. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 22 months ago

The number zero. All modern mathematics require the number zero to work.

3. mike102771 profile image81
    mike102771posted 22 months ago

How about verbal and written language. Both are used every day yet we pay little attention to their importance.

4. profile image69
    Johan Guttenbergposted 22 months ago

I'd say evolution is pretty cool. JUST KIDDING!

Language hands down the best in my mind, but I think that the computer is the best invention of the 20th century (electricity for the 1800s)

5. Matthew Woolsey profile image68
    Matthew Woolseyposted 22 months ago

That's difficult to answer. I think with each generation it would be different.
    For me I guess it would be trains, even though I hate them. I live close to the rail road, and get stopped by them constantly. Anyway trains because that is really how America got started. Before trains it could take months to get to places. When the train was invented not only being able for people to ride, but would carry cargo to get from place to place in days, instead of weeks or months people could get stuff where it needed to go. Anyways that the best thought I can think of.

working