jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

The world's greatest invention is?

1. elvit profile image55
    elvitposted 7 years ago

The world's greatest invention is?

2. ambee12 profile image81
    ambee12posted 7 years ago

I think the telephone and internet.  The telephone allowed people to communicate distances apart.  The internet allows people to fulfill their dreams by "travelling the world" online.  There are those who cannot afford to travel, be educated, etc.  These people, even if they have minimal access to the internet through cyber-cafes, can learn about the world and its fascinating people and places.

3. nifty@50 profile image74
    nifty@50posted 7 years ago

The world's greatest invention is one of the oldest....fire! Think about it's many uses from keeping us warm to heating our food to seeing in dark places. It can be used to signal with or ignite explosives or forge metal. It is an invention so crucial to our everyday existence and way of life that we completely underestimate it's value! That is, until we find ourselves without it!

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

The ploughshare, followed very closely by the stirrup and the bow and arrow.
    Fire isn't an invention, it's mankind's greatest discovery.
    The telephone and Internet are recent inventions that we have done without, quite efficiently, since mankind was invented, and would not have been possible, along with the rest of the modern world, without the above 3 inventions and discovery.

5. naijainvestor profile image58
    naijainvestorposted 7 years ago

the greatest invention would be the mobile phone. where I come from, we only started using the mobile phone in 2000, but looking back, I can't imagine life without the mobile phone.

working