What are the ways that critical parents are unfulfilled & unsatisfied regarding

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 21 months ago

What are the ways that critical parents are unfulfilled & unsatisfied regarding their own

educational & career achievements?  Do such parents constantly harp on their children because the former are unfulfilled & unhappy in THEIR OWN lives, taking out their frustrations on their children?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12714037_f260.jpg

2. profile image57
    Versace Versaiposted 21 months ago

I just think that those kinds of parents don't see their children as individuals. They think that just because they do things a certain way their child has to follow. Like my stepdad he was Muslim and didn't eat pork and because of that I wasn't allowed to have pork or eat the foods that I wanted for fear that it wasn't kosher, even though myself and my mom aren't Muslim. But I honestly think they are unhappy in their own lives. Those kinds of parents think that they can use their parent adultness and take advantage of it by getting on the child. A parent who feels secure within themselves and their child wouldn't feel the need to be overly critical. Those kinds of parents think that just because they went through alot with their parents growing up that they have a right to take it out on their children. That they don't want their children to have what they didn't have, and have a better life than them. It's misery loves company the parent want the child to be as miserable as them.

3. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 21 months ago

The biggest mistake a parent can have is a child to do what they themselves failed to do, such as I didn't accomplish X, but I'll raise this child to do it.
    This gives the child an assigned role they did not choose, unrealistic expectations of the child and puts the parent in a taskmaster position that undermines other pursuits.

working