jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should cell phones be allowed in class?

1. sholland10 profile image93
    sholland10posted 14 months ago

Should cell phones be allowed in class?

As teachers, should the cell phone rules be revised so students can use them to text, be on social media, to Google, etc.?  Should teachers throw in the towel and quit fighting the cell phone issue?  If not, why?  If so, why? If both, why?

2. Nell Rose profile image92
    Nell Roseposted 14 months ago

They shouldn't be allowed to use them at school. maybe put them in their lockers etc till the day is finished. its so easy to cheat with a phone.

3. Paxash profile image98
    Paxashposted 14 months ago

I don't think it's necessary to ban cell phones outright. A better idea (in my opinion) is to allow them with reasonable restrictions. If students are trying to cheat on a test or are playing on their phones instead of paying attention, then obviously they should be disciplined. But other than that, I don't think there's a reason to explicitly ban them from the classroom.

4. Annsalo profile image86
    Annsaloposted 14 months ago

I like what my children's school district does. Bring your phones to class, leave them in the backpack, if you get caught using them in a non emergency situation the teacher takes it and puts it in a box until the end of the day.
    No giving in. No banning them. Just a happy medium. With as many bad situations happening at school lately I would rather my children have them in their backpack.

5. Al Greenbaum profile image92
    Al Greenbaumposted 14 months ago

Absolutely not. Just a distraction. They can use their phones at break or lunch. But, same goes for teachers.