jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

My dog digs a hole in my lawn. I try to refill with the dirt she dug up, it does

1. Kenna McHugh profile image86
    Kenna McHughposted 6 months ago

My dog digs a hole in my lawn. I try to refill with the dirt she dug up, it doesn't fill up. Why?

2. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 6 months ago

There is an old wives tale that says having enough to refill depends on which side of the moon the digging happens. smile  However, the answer is a little more scientific.  A dog's digging scatters the dirt to smithereens (whatever that is) and it is impossible to gather the same amount the animal happily, care-freely,   blissfully, mindlessly distributed hither and yon.

1. Kenna McHugh profile image86
      Kenna McHughposted 6 months agoin reply to this

You are probably right. Love the old wives tales. Still, I wish I could just fill the holes back up. Not going to happen is it.

2. RTalloni profile image88
      RTalloniposted 6 months agoin reply to this

I would stop by a Walmart (or Home Depot, or Lowes, or...)  garden shop and pick up a cheap bag of dirt (not expensive potting soil). Bags are a manageable amount to handle both at the store and at home even if I needed two or three.

3. Kenna McHugh profile image86

That was what my husband and I talked about doing. Walmart is pretty cheap and it's just dirt. Haha.

4. RTalloni profile image88
      RTalloniposted 6 months agoin reply to this

Then you'll have the dirt on the answer!  Heeheehee. smile

5. Kenna McHugh profile image86

That's right! Haha

working