What are THE NINE WAYS that religion keeps people powerless, ignorant, & impoverished?
Practically each day carries a religious significance for these people.
The day begins with preparation for the grand puja (ritual). This means not just one person, but many members in the family joining in. For, there is a fear then that 'God will punish us.'
1.This means children missing school or college. Thus, remaining ignorant.
2.An office goer reaching office, etc. late. Thus, not being considered for promotion or increment. This way, economic condition getting affected.
3. The lady of the house remaining ignorant of the happenings around her. Thus, not able to contribute to proper upbringing of her children.
4. This resulting in poor communication in the family leading to chaos and unhappiness.
5. Marital life getting affected.
6. Constantly living in fear. So no reasoning used to solve any problem.
7. Guests being invited to partake in rituals and feasts resulting in overshooting of budget.
8. No contribution to the society in anyway. Thus, no upbeat feeling or recognition anytime.
9. Chances of falling victim to God men like Ram Rahim (recent case in India) and getting exploited physically and economically
10. Grownup children inheriting debts, chaos and unhappiness in later years.
by Grace Marguerite Williams 3 years ago
What are the ways that religion keeps people poor, powerless, & ignorant?
by Mark Johann 5 years ago
Sight your pleasant views about it.
by MickS 4 years ago
Why are so many people on here ignorant of the pagan origins of Christian holy days and festivals?Every time a Christian holiday is due ther always seems to be a lot of questions about its origin. I can't believe the Christian church has done that good of a cover up job to leave...
by Laura Schneider 6 years ago
Are people getting "stupider", as a society, in the U.S.?Are people getting "stupider", or is it my imagination that high school and college graduates are far less educated and bright as they used to be before, say, the 1980s?
by Mahaveer Sanglikar 4 years ago
Do you respect other religions?Do you respect other religions and are friendly with their followers?
by marinealways24 8 years ago
-Which one is it? Evolved or divine? Why? Do you have a theory or idea to explain?
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|