What are THE NINE WAYS that religion keeps people powerless, ignorant, & impoverished?
Practically each day carries a religious significance for these people.
The day begins with preparation for the grand puja (ritual). This means not just one person, but many members in the family joining in. For, there is a fear then that 'God will punish us.'
1.This means children missing school or college. Thus, remaining ignorant.
2.An office goer reaching office, etc. late. Thus, not being considered for promotion or increment. This way, economic condition getting affected.
3. The lady of the house remaining ignorant of the happenings around her. Thus, not able to contribute to proper upbringing of her children.
4. This resulting in poor communication in the family leading to chaos and unhappiness.
5. Marital life getting affected.
6. Constantly living in fear. So no reasoning used to solve any problem.
7. Guests being invited to partake in rituals and feasts resulting in overshooting of budget.
8. No contribution to the society in anyway. Thus, no upbeat feeling or recognition anytime.
9. Chances of falling victim to God men like Ram Rahim (recent case in India) and getting exploited physically and economically
10. Grownup children inheriting debts, chaos and unhappiness in later years.
by Grace Marguerite Williams2 years ago
What are the ways that religion keeps people poor, powerless, & ignorant?
by Mark Johann4 years ago
Sight your pleasant views about it.
by Laura Schneider6 years ago
Are people getting "stupider", as a society, in the U.S.?Are people getting "stupider", or is it my imagination that high school and college graduates are far less educated and bright as they used to...
by MickS3 years ago
Why are so many people on here ignorant of the pagan origins of Christian holy days and festivals?Every time a Christian holiday is due ther always seems to be a lot of questions about its origin. I...
by Mahaveer Sanglikar4 years ago
Do you respect other religions?Do you respect other religions and are friendly with their followers?
by Mark Knowles6 years ago
Which came first -= the chicken or the egg?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.