jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Psychology of Evil

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13151640.jpg
    How is evil defined?  Is evil is LACK of conscience?  Or it is an unwillingness to not acknowledge conscience?  Is evil a psychological banality?  What makes evil so ATTRACTIVE to some? Is evil an inevitable factor of existence?
    https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13151628.jpg

2. Live to Learn profile image80
    Live to Learnposted 2 months ago

I knew a guy once. I saw him as a good heart with a dark soul. He believed himself to be a good person. He wasn't. Not by any stretch of the imagination. But, anything he did wasn't done with ill intent. He honestly saw the world through a jaded lens. So even though he did bad, he truly believed it was good.

It was rather fascinating. Prior to knowing him I'd believed we were all the same, deep down. I learned a lot. I think that is how I first began to understand that the concept of heaven and hell isn't that horrible. Somebody like him, if in hell, would assume it was heaven.

gmwilliamsposted 2 months agoin reply to this

There are people who have inverse psychology. They believe that evil is good & good is evil.  They have what the late Dr. David Hawkins called a Luciferian inference.   There are people who abhor good & positivity, they love evil & toxicity.

I read books on concentration camps where the inverse was relevant.  In concentration camps, evil was considered to be more supreme than good.  All normal values in the concentration camps were reversed- evil was good & good was evil.   I suggest that you read the book, The Five Chimneys by Olga Lengyel.  This book describes evil succinctly.  Another book describing evil is The Theory and Practice of Hell by Eugen Kogen.

1. threekeys profile image81
          threekeysposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I think we first have to be mindful about throwing the word evil around. I have used this word to describe someone's actions.
          I think someone can do bad things knowing they are bad. I also think people do bad not "getting it" that it is bad.
          I think if we are brought up not to question and obey authourity blindly we have the seeds for cruelty, intentional harm and evil.
          If we are in a vulnerable situation in life, it is a matter of personal life or death, maybe a bad thing can result.
          I now do believe that evil consciousness does it exist. But nurture could change a lot of this.
          I think I will look up those reads you mentioned Grace.

You have presented a valid argument.

working