jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

The Lack of Learning Culture in South African Primary Schools

1. Maljan profile image55
    Maljanposted 7 years ago

I am a primary school teacher in South Africa and during the last few years I noticed that our standard of education is taking a dive because of a lack of learning and interest in performing. I intents to do some research on the topic, (reasons and possible fixes), and then to publish an E - Article on the subject. Perhaps it can aid and motivate other teachers in my county.

If you can in any way contribute to the subject please do so.
    I shall acknowledge your cortribution in my report and also send you a copy of the final product.
    Please send your comments to the following email adress:

gsmalan@yahoo.com

1. I_Write profile image59
      I_Writeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Did you read that they are phasing OBE out and replacing it.I am not sure if this effects primary school level but this could see a great turn around in attitude towards the education system in all areas.All the best with your article it sounds like it could make a difference.

1. Anti-Valentine profile image97
        Anti-Valentineposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I always heard and believed that OBE, or Outcomes Based Education, was one of the biggest mistakes to ever befall the education system in SA. Good riddance to it.

2. Lady_E profile image79
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

"I am a primary school teacher in South Africa and during the last few years I noticed that our standard of education is taking a dive because of a lack of learning and interest in performing."

Really? How interesting.

working