jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you agree with Proms for the end of Primary schools?

1. Ddraigcoch profile image82
    Ddraigcochposted 5 years ago

Do you agree with Proms for the end of Primary schools?

Do we really need Proms for 11 year olds whom are leaving Primary school? They put on Prom dresses like the 16 year old wanna bees, they have acrylic nails put on, tiara's and limo's.

I understand why there is a Prom after High school, we are sending the young adults out in to the big wide world to work and be miserable forever(joke), yet why do 11 year olds need this?
    What is your personal opinion on this?

2. profile image0
    masmasikaposted 5 years ago

11 year olds having proms is not appropriate according to my judgment.  Given that they are still too young to be acting like adults, a prom is not really necessary for them until they grow older.  They are not yet teens and they are still too young to be exposed to make-ups, nail polish and other unnecessary and harmful substances that they can sniff while trying to look like adults.  While parents want their kids to be exposed to the new world, there is always time for proms to come in a child's life.  For 11 and below children, they should first enjoy being children.

3. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

This is the first I've heard of it, but I think it's ridiculous. 
    I don't even agree with "graduations" for the younger grades. 
    First, kids should be kids;
    but also, it takes the "specialness" out of the special occasions when they are older.

4. Becky Katz profile image83
    Becky Katzposted 5 years ago

I think that is the silliest thing in the world. I don't even approve of Middle School kids having proms. Dances, yes; but not proms. Proms are supposed to be special and a sign of growing up, becoming a young adult. They are not for children who just want to play dress-up. This is just another way for people to push their kids into growing up too fast. Their friends and society does that enough.

5. Lwelch profile image94
    Lwelchposted 5 years ago

No!  At my high school prom was only for upper classmen - sophomores and freshmen couldn't even go.

working