jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Why we face energy crisis?

1. How? profile image58
    How?posted 6 years ago

If energy can neither be created nor it can be destroyed, then why do we face energy crisis?

1. kess profile image60
      kessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

There is no energy crisis.. what is there is greed which make it seems as if there is an energy crisis so as to enslave all into a particular way of thinking...

But then the crowd has already bought into their deceit...so therefore the "energy crisis" will remain.

2. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

"If energy can neither be created nor it can be destroyed, then why do we face energy crisis?" Maybe you mean the atom.
    Light a match and you've created energy.

1. How? profile image58
      How?posted 6 years agoin reply to this

I mean it by thermodynamics law of conservation of enegy - Energy can neither be created nor it can be destroyed, but it can be transferred from one form to another.

3. BobbiRant profile image61
    BobbiRantposted 6 years ago

We really face an oil crisis.  The oil produces our energy which we all have an insatiable appetite for that liquid gold.  There is solar energy but then, who would make oil companies richer if we utilized solar energy?

4. kerryg profile image85
    kerrygposted 6 years ago

Because not all forms of energy can be harnessed to power electronics, cars, etc.

In the case of something like crude oil, you convert a type of energy that can be used by humans into a type of energy that can't. Because oil takes millions of years to form, it is essentially non-renewable, ergo every gallon you burn is one less gallon you'll be able to use in the future and you'll eventually run out and have an energy crisis on your hands.

1. How? profile image58

Thank you for this brilliant answer

5. knolyourself profile image61

The problem is not technical. The problem is political and a mass social issue.
    Capitalism is destroying the planet.

1. How? profile image58

I will agree to the point...

1. How? profile image58

But I still await a much better answer

6. knolyourself profile image61

"But I still await a much better answer"
    How about you give it to me.

1. How? profile image58

CHRIS57 has written something plz check it out

7. CHRIS57 profile image60
    CHRIS57posted 6 years ago

Read about the laws of thermodynamics.

Law no. 2 is the tricky one. It says that the entropy of a given system can only increase. Thermal energy can not be converted to other forms of energy without loss.
    Actually law no 2. is the one that allows life and creation of life in an open system. It is also explains that perpetuum mobiles are not possible.

In other words, it always takes more energy to create order than to destroy order. Our open system planet earth accumulated lots of energy from the sun over millions of years. Planet earth invested part of that sun energy to convert energy into oil, coal. If you burn coal or oil in an engine to produce f.e. electricity, that process can not be reversed, more precise it can not be reversed without investing additional energy.

And that should explain why we are always loosing thermal energy and will eventually face a shortage of accumulated energy in form of oil or coal.

Energy crisis on the long run can only be avoided by harvesting energy directly from the sun (renewable energy, photovoltaic, wind...)

1. How? profile image58

impressive

working