jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Writing again!

1. M.s Fowler profile image61
    M.s Fowlerposted 5 years ago

How long do you have to go to school to get an Associates degree in writing.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Associate's Degrees are usually two year programs. I'm not sure, however, that you can get a specific major like writing in only two years.  You can get a General Education degree, and there may be other programs at your local community college.  You can take many courses to improve your writing while you're studying for your two-year degree, if that's what you're wanting with a writing major.

Basically, writing is all about the skill, not the degree behind it. Practice as much as you can, write hubs and ask the good writers here for feedback. Make certain the quality of their writing is good, even if they have a great following.

Good luck!  You're on the right path!

1. kateperez profile image67
        kateperezposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is very good advice.

Most Associate Degree programs require composition courses.  That is a good place to start.

I do believe that Associate Degrees are completed in 2 years, or 2.5 years, although I'm not certain, either. 

Just keep writing, right?  Best advice ever.  Find good writers to follow?  Also good advice.

You give good advice!  big_smile

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image95
          Marcy Goodfleischposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Kate - it's great to get a  compliment from someone I admire as much as I do you!

1. profile image0
            Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Mutual admiration is a good thing. Welcome to HubPages!

2. M.s Fowler profile image61

Thankyou for the feed back it really helped!

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

M.s Fowler, good luck with your endeavors!

3. M.s Fowler profile image61

Thank you!

working