- Entertainment and Media»
Jake Harper from Two and a Half Men - Angus Turner Jones facts, pictures, trivia and more
The real name of Jake Harper from Two and a Half Men is Angus Turner Jones. In the TV Show, he is son to Alan Harper (Jon Cryer) and nephew to Charlie Harper (Charlie Sheen). We've all seen him literally grow up on the show since 2003 but how many of us know who the real Jake Harper actually is? Here is a look at the life of Angus Turner Jones aka Jake Harper - facts, pictures, trivia and even how much money he makes with each episode on the sets of Two and a Half Men.
Angus Turner Jones: Facts about the face behind Jake Harper
Angus Turner Jones was born in Austin, Texas on October 8, 1993. He spent his childhood in California. His younger brother's name is Otto. At the tender age of 4, Angus started appearing in TV commercials and landed his first movie, See Spot Run, at the age of 6. He auditioned for Two and a Half Men and it is reported that he was the first kid to audition for the show. The casting crew liked him so much, they immediately signed him up.
Angus Turner Jones: Life after Two and a Half Men
When Angus got signed up for Two and a Half Men, he did not even have to wait for a call from the casting crew as he was selected on-the-spot. Sweet beginnings? Definitely. Since 2003, Angus has played the character of lovable Jake Harper who has evolved from being a kid to a teenager. He has won the Young Artist Award twice and nominated another 3 times. The two times he won, it was for Best Performance in a TV Series (Comedy or Drama) for Young actor age 10 or younger in 2004 and Best Performance in a TV Series (Comedy) for Supporting Young Actor in 2006. Both were for Two and a Half Men.
On the show, Angus play Jake Harper who is Alan and Judith Harper's underachieving son. He is nephew to Charlie Harper who is a single guy and an alcoholic. After Alan's divorce with Judith, he moves in with Charlie at his beach house. Every now and then, Jake comes to live with Alan and Charlie. The show revolves around how the 3 interact and live together, aptly titled, Two and a Half Men.
So how much does Angus Turner Jones earn per episode of Two and a Half Men? At the age of 18, Angus earns $300,000 per episode and has also pocketed a signing up bonus of $500,000, making his last contract worth about $14.5 million plus the half a million dollars signing amount. This has made him the highest paid child actor on TV.
Celebrity Trivia about Angus Jones – Jake Harper from Two and a Half Men
- Angus Jones is the cousin of Danny Materson and Christopher Materson. Danny Materson played the role of Steven Hyde in That 70's Show while Christopher Materson played the role of Francis in Malcolm in the Middle.
- Angus was named in People Magazine's list of World's Richest Teens in 2008. At the time, he was earning just over a million dollars per episode. Today, he earns $300,000 per episode and has received a signing up bonus of $500,000 in 2011.
- Angus was presented with the Rising Star of 2009 award by none other than Jon Cryer at the Big Brothers Big Sisters Rising Star Gala. Jon Cryer plays Alan Harper, father to Jake Harper on Two and a Half Men.
- In 1997, Angus' father was arrested for assaulting his mother. Later than year, his mother was arrested in a burglary case which never saw the light of day since.
- In real life, Angus likes to pass time by playing guitar, video games, practice photography, snowboard and likes to write music.
- Angus has been with the same cast and crew on the TV Show Two and a Half Men since 2003. At the time, he was 10 years old, now 18. At a young age, he was involved in a show which featured dirty jokes and a lot of other stuff that 10 year olds shouldn't be listening to. However Angus never asked too much about what was going on. In fact, when Jon Cryer once asked Angus if he wanted to know what was being said, he refused.
- On Two and a Half Men, Jake is shown as an underachieving kid and at times, a shy guy who struggles with academics and sports alike. The only thing he really cares about is food. However in real life, Angus is believed to be a meticulous student. He wishes to go to college but isn't sure of where life is going to take him after Two and a Half Men.
- Over the years, Angus' look on the show has transformed from that of a chubby little kid in Season 1 to a grown up teenager by the end of Season 6. The show is currently in its 9th season.
- Besides Two and a Half Men, Angus has starred in Simpatico (1999), See Spot Run (2001), Dinner with Friends (2001), ER (2001), The Rookie (2002), Bringing Down the House (2002), George of the Jungle 2 (2003), The Christmas Blessing (2005), CSI (2008) and Hannah Montana Forever (2008).