jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What do you think?

1. Dayani profile image50
    Dayaniposted 8 years ago

I’ve been following the war in Sri Lanka for a long time, and I just found out about this artist named DeLon who speaks on real issues like the war and uniting people.  As a fan of hip hop and a producer, I like artists that do things different. This video caught my attention. What do you think? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzbQg4HsyJk

2. RKHenry profile image79
    RKHenryposted 8 years ago

Hell of lot better than Lil Wayne or Busta Rhymes.  Hip Hop needs some new sound.

3. Dayani profile image50
    Dayaniposted 8 years ago

Hey RK you say that Hip Hop needs some new sound. But I want your input, what kind of new sound would you say the Hip Hop Game needs? What's makes an artist different and better?

1. RKHenry profile image79
      RKHenryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Language.
      Language will send out a different message.  As a black man, I'm sick of listening to myself being called a Nigga.  I'm a fine, fine, fine specimen of the African race.  I'm no Nigger.  My lil sis ain't no bitch or ho.
      Language.

Dayaniposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree. 100% agree. But nowadays, hip hop artist make music for sale... I need to listen some good lyrics too. Geeez, i really need it. Recomend anything... Oh, im into K'Naan now...

4. Junkster profile image53
    Junksterposted 8 years ago

Was he on that P Diddy show Making the band?  I remember Dave Chappelle doing a skit on it where he played some rapper called Dylan, pronounced Die-lon.  Really funny stuff

5. Bob Cedar profile image52
    Bob Cedarposted 8 years ago

Hip hop doesn't need a new sound, it just needs to go back to the sound that was never broke in the first place.

6. Junkster profile image53
    Junksterposted 8 years ago

Rap's now derogitary and materialistic.

There's so much better stuff I've been listening to like the Pharcyde and some early Beastie Boys.

Can't stand li'l wayne or whatever he calls himself this week.

Dayaniposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yup! Thats why im digging new sounds now...Like K'naan...DeLon...The Knux.

working