jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

The Twilight Zone vs. The Outer Limits. History of each. Points of similarity an

1. LowellWriter profile image78
    LowellWriterposted 8 years ago

The Twilight Zone vs. The Outer Limits. History of each. Points of similarity and difference.

2. stendek profile image55
    stendekposted 8 years ago

Outer Limits heavy on science fiction. Twilight Zone covered full spectrum of unexplained phenomena. Loved Adam Link OL episode with Leonard Nimoy. Still moved by Masks TZ episode. See my hubs for photos from several OL shows. Including my favorite. Peace.

3. Rob Lattin profile image80
    Rob Lattinposted 8 years ago

I think "One Step Beyond" should have been in this question. Nevertheless, I vote for the  "Twilight Zone'. Reasons: Better stories, better acting, better sets. Also, some of the TZ episodes are very thought provoking. I loved both shows for their music, but the OL has the eerier sounds, especially the opening. I really don't see much similarity between these two. What makes the TZ stand out even more is that TZ has Rod Serling as your host. Outer Limits has a voice, but who is it? The appearance of Rod, much like Alfred Hitchcock, adds more personality to it without distracting from its unusualness.

4. profile image54
    Jason Espositoposted 7 years ago

I believe The Twilight Zone is incomparable. Although other shows, like Outer Limits, were well-done, The Twilight Zone is really a unique piece of television history and as far as what it was as a creative yet popular entertainment, I believe it stands alone.

5. Robert Sacchi profile image84
    Robert Sacchiposted 2 years ago

They both were anthology series that fit into the Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror genre.  They had great stories that were original at the time.  The Outer Limits got the reputation for being a "monster show".  The Twilight Zone on the other hand used the full spectrum of the genre.  Part of the reason could be because The Twilight Zone lasted longer.  Yes, I think overall The Twilight Zone was better.  It may be interesting to match the "Top 5" from each series and see how they stand up against each other.