jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think "The Office" has jumped the shark?

1. cgr80 profile image56
    cgr80posted 8 years ago

Do you think "The Office" has jumped the shark?

In my opinion, weddings and/or babies on comedy sitcoms mean that the writers are running out of ideas and the end is near.

2. jobister profile image62
    jobisterposted 8 years ago

Yup I think so, the season opener was a bust this year. I have yet to see the Wedding episode, which I hear is basically a copy of JK wedding video.

3. profile image49
    christinel09posted 8 years ago

I wouldn't say that this is necessarily the case.  Some of the episodes have been weak this season but all in all its still entertaining to watch!

4. Lady_E profile image76
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

"The Office" has always been over-rated.

5. jwmu311 profile image54
    jwmu311posted 8 years ago

Sometimes. But it still makes me laugh and until it makes me cry, I'll keep watching.

6. Chris Crow profile image60
    Chris Crowposted 8 years ago

I was thinking that thought tonight when I finally got around to watching the "Sabre" episode and I sort of thought it when I watched "Shareholders Meeting." 

They just seemed a little outdated or "already done," but still, Steve Carrel is not slacking off at all in the least.  He still brings a lot of good humor to the show.

It does feel like they're stretching material out in a way.

Jim and Pam are starting to bug me.  I give it one more season.  It hurts me to say that, because I'm a HUGE fan of the show and would prob watch five more seasons.

Also, if you haven't seen the British The Office with Ricky Gervais (the creator of the show and concept), you should check it out--that is, if you can handle a manager who is ten times worse than Michael Scott!