What is your favourite TV show right now, and why?

Jump to Last Post 1-39 of 39 discussions (47 posts)
  1. MelChi profile image76
    MelChiposted 11 years ago

What is your favourite TV show right now, and why?

Up until recently mine was Missing, until it got cancelled. Otherwise, I really enjoy watching Dexter and Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares.

2. startupninja profile image61
    startupninjaposted 11 years ago

In all honesty, being a Sci-Fi geek and all, the shows I'm looking forward to at this very moment are "Falling Skies" & "Continuum".
    However, the one that really blew my mind, and it just premiered on HBO a few days ago, is "The Newsroom" - I mean WOW, what a breath of fresh air, among all the nonsense that's been fed to us. It impressed me so much I even wrote a Hub about it. Great job HBO, its been a while.

MelChiposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've heard a lot about The Newsroom, will have to check that one out soon..

3. backporchstories profile image73
    backporchstoriesposted 11 years ago

There are a few that have caught my interest.  I like "Lie To Me".  That is an interesting concept in story, being able to judge from boby and facial expression what a person is thinking.  However, my most favorite show is "Revenge".  Really have enjoyed the twist and turns this story has taken.  I also have to mention, "Once Upon A Time".  It is wonderfully creative in tying the story back to the old original fables.  Sitting on needles and pins waiting for next season!

I used to enjoy watching "Lie to Me", and then I missed a few episodes and couldn't get back into it. I think it's worth getting out the season and just catching up one lazy Sunday!

4. stiggies profile image69
    stiggiesposted 11 years ago

Suits, it's very interesting and cunning. People from law firms trying to outsmart their opposition. I'm always glued to the screen.

I love watching series revolving around Law firms, I'll look out for this one..

5. profile image0
    Olde Cashmereposted 11 years ago

My favorite show that is still on the air is ''It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia'' I can't wait until they come back for their 8th season.

I've never seen that show...but heard that it's really good.

6. hazelwood4 profile image66
    hazelwood4posted 11 years ago

My favorite show at this time is, America's Got Talent.smile  I love this show because is showcases so many outstanding talent acts across the United States.

That's a good show, I love watching the dance routines some of the contestants do - they're amazing!

7. Georgie Lowery profile image90
    Georgie Loweryposted 11 years ago

My top three are The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and True Blood. I rarely miss any of them.

I love Kitchen Nightmares, too! I watch a lot of competition shows on Food Network, like Chopped and Iron Chef America.

Oh yes! I forgot about The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones! Counting down until they're on screen again smile

8. Kimberly Vaughn profile image73
    Kimberly Vaughnposted 11 years ago

I love The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and New Girl. Unfortunately they are all on break until the fall.

9. daisydayz profile image86
    daisydayzposted 11 years ago

Me and the hubby are currently watching season 2 of 'Game of Thrones' its really good. We like Dexter too, are currently watching Season 5. For a girly show though, I am enjoying Hart of Dixie!

10. ryanjhoe profile image55
    ryanjhoeposted 11 years ago

I love watching Grey's Anatomy, that's my favorite show. I also love watching Dexter, Criminal Minds, The Big Bang Theory, How I met Your Mother, Happy Endings and New Girls. Mostly I love comedy shows.

11. Mystique33 profile image69
    Mystique33posted 11 years ago

I have a few, all dark and assume,
    *Dexter
    *True Blood
    *The Walking Dead
    *Boardwalk Empire
    *American Horror Story   
    *Shameless.
    All great, must see shows that I love because they don't sugar coat or censer. They are not afraid to brake all of the rules and go places that other shows are afraid to go. They explore controversial issues like death, sex, gay and bisexuality. They all feature a multicultural cast so every one can relate to them. These shows are for pure entertainment and are not for the purpose of winning Golden Globes or other awards.  That's why these are my choices for the best shows on TV.

12. Billie Kelpin profile image85
    Billie Kelpinposted 10 years ago

I feel extremely deprived if I miss "The Big Bang Theory" and "Mike and Mollly".  I love those shows. I still love Grey's Anatomy after all these years.  I absolutely ADORE the characters, Sue Heck (Eden Sher) and Alex (Charlie McDermontt) on "The Middle".  Those two, in my book, are two of the most brilliant young actors who are going to go very far. I like Patricia Heaton's character in that show much better than her previous work, and Neil Flynn as her husband is great.  The acting on "How I Met Your Mother" with Jason Segel (and company) is wonderful, but I don't always connect with the story line. Like everyone else, I thought I'd hate, "The Neighbors," but I find it a bit addictive and actually charming.  I do like "Psyched".  Its energy reminds me of the old Rockford series.  I enjoy Monk as well.  As for me, you can absolutely keep "Once Upon a Time".  My husband and my daughter like it, but I HATE it and can see no absolute sense or value in that mess!  But as for the others, I'm really grateful those shows are on because it makes everything that's hard in life, a little easier.

13. profile image51
    Ms-littleposted 10 years ago

spartacus  and shameless because of the gore, sex, and comedy.

14. VB News profile image60
    VB Newsposted 10 years ago

Walking Dead-it is a great break from the usual.  It crosses into areas that other shows do not.  Forcing you to look at death, humanity (or lack thereof in some cases). 

Game of Thrones - I have always liked the fantasy type genre.  And this combines that with a raw look at what it may have been like to live in a similar time.  It's raw, dirty, bloody and is good read as well.

Falling Skies - waiting for it to come back around.  Enjoyed the story line, even though at times it is a little convoluted.

15. Lor's Stories profile image59
    Lor's Storiesposted 10 years ago

Big Bang Theory.
    They are just so crazy.
    And they can always get me to laugh.

16. dorothy0328 profile image74
    dorothy0328posted 10 years ago

America's Got Talent and my reason why is obvious as it is a reality based talent show with a very diverse collection of different talent being showcased. I enjoy watching the talent as well as the judge's reponses to the variety of contestants.

17. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 10 years ago

My favorite shows are Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad.

1. Thief12 profile image91
      Thief12posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Of the ones currently running, these two. After those two, Homeland.

18. profile image55
    kelliesanposted 10 years ago

I really love watching 'Duck Dynasty'; I'll even watch re-runs I've seen time and time again. Right now, much controversy is surrounding this show due to Robertson patriarch Phil speaking his beliefs, but he's only saying what he thinks and there's this wonderful long-standing invention called the First Amendment that makes that okay from his comments to an average teen's tweet of "OMGLUVYRSOX!" (Seriously, if I typed that, I would know it's time to turn off the computer because I'm too tired to even write single word correctly.)  Also, any comments Mr. Robertson has recently made, however non-politically correct, are by far not the stupidest thing ever said in the past month by a celebrity. Heck, politicians say stupid things all the time and they don't get fired from their positions; if so, our country would change leaders more often than Hogwarts had to change Defense against the Dark Arts professors.

The bottom line is that 'Duck Dynasty' is just a normal family that still manages to live normal lives even with the cameras hovering around them. And they do it far better than others. So whatever happens with the show, I'll keep watching.

19. profile image0
    filmchick1987posted 7 years ago

I've been loving Peaky Blinders, but unfortunately season 3 got a bit too OTT. My fave before that was The Mentalist  & Bones smile

20. WiccanSage profile image91
    WiccanSageposted 7 years ago

I tend to lose interest in most shows. I don't know why certain ones hook me, and most don't.

Right now the shows I really like are Walking Dead, The Path (Hulu), and.... I think that's it. I got into The Family for some reason when the first season hit Netflix but they cancelled it.

I semi-watch Orange is the New Black & The Good Witch. Mainly because other people I know watch them and like to talk about them. And I will watch cooking shows or leave them on in the background sometimes, but this is mainly because of my son (budding chef) & hubby, they like to put them on nights we cook or have family dinners. I don't usually put them on myself. But that's only once a month or so.

21. profile image57
    Elaine Gallagherposted 7 years ago

I just started watching Notorious -- great cast and intriguing story. Also watch Empire.

22. Owen Foster profile image58
    Owen Fosterposted 7 years ago

House of Cards! Great political drama currently available on Netflix

23. rosedanielle profile image60
    rosedanielleposted 7 years ago

My favorite tv show as of today is Gossip Girl, I liked the love story between Chuck and Blair, and I liked it because it featured NYC, and I've always dreamed of going there. It is also about high school dramas and the problems they have, because they are rich; because of this tv show I realized that even rich people have a problem of their own and it is more dramatic. I also liked it, because it kind of is realistic.

24. Adam Wiebe profile image65
    Adam Wiebeposted 7 years ago

I usually don't watch shows until they are released on Netflix or Amazon Prime. My favorites:
    1. The Wire - One of the best written shows I have ever seen.
    2. Breaking Bad - Right up there with The Wire in terms of writing
    3. Parks and Recreation - The funniest show I have seen in a long time. The character of Ron Swanson makes this show worth it.
    4. The Walking Dead
    5. Stranger Things - Loved this nostalgic throwback to the days of my childhood

25. profile image0
    Lavina Englehartposted 7 years ago

My favorite tv show is The Flash because I'm interested in Superheroes. The Flash could run at hyper speed, and I think that's really cool.

26. Alex Djain profile image66
    Alex Djainposted 7 years ago

The Exorcist TV Series - because it's terrifying and you can't stop watching!

27. AmandaMartinotti profile image61
    AmandaMartinottiposted 7 years ago

i love Keeping Up With the Kardashians and Revenge Body

28. Theophilus Arthur profile image58
    Theophilus Arthurposted 7 years ago

‘The Leftovers’ Season 3 Photo: Justin Theroux and Carrie Coon Gear up for Final Season

29. Al Greenbaum profile image70
    Al Greenbaumposted 7 years ago

"Eggheads" BBC.  Quiz Show
    I like it because it is a quiz show but not that "hyper". The prize money is a relatively low 1,000 UK pounds per show, (rolled over if nobody wins).
    A team of professional Quizzers take on a team of challengers each episode. If the challengers win they take home the money.
    Jeremy Vine is the affable presenter who does not go in for catchphrases or histrionics and the contestants all seem as relaxed as he is. The whole programme is a joy from start to finish and a good test of your general knowledge.

30. Sam Gamble profile image68
    Sam Gambleposted 7 years ago

Westworld.

I'm so annoyed that we've got to wait two years for another season, because I was hooked from the start.
    although it starts off a little slow - like most HBO shows I've seen - once it gets going it gets going.
    I love the characters, the storytelling is phenomenal, everything about it is near perfection.

But I haven't found anyone that watches it, so does anyone else watch it?

31. Coffeequeeen profile image83
    Coffeequeeenposted 7 years ago

Oh I'm enjoying 'Orange Is The New Black.'  I've been binge watching it lately, and halfway through Season 4 now.

32. Reginald Thomas profile image91
    Reginald Thomasposted 6 years ago

Both my wife and I like the Big Bang Theory. It is our favorite because of the cast, because of the guest stars, and because of the writers. We can sit there and laugh even if we have seen one episode five times.

33. Sandy Calkins profile image60
    Sandy Calkinsposted 6 years ago

I'm a NCIS fan.  It all started when my husband and I were in Los Vegas many years ago and watched CSI Los Vegas for the first time... then the new show started... NCIS and I was hooked... have to admit my favorite team was with Gibbs, Tony, Magee, Ziva, Abby, Ducky and Palmer.

1. Reginald Thomas profile image91
      Reginald Thomasposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I like NCIS also. The first series.

34. profile image53
    Alfred Simorposted 6 years ago

Game of thrones and the walking dead are my most favorite because i like fantasy, sci fi and fairy tale...

35. profile image53
    Rozulaposted 6 years ago

I would say The Walking Dead cause of its Genre and its Ability to surprise someone with such a big plot twists, and the fact that it is still ongoing is amazing

36. kristinanneclark profile image61
    kristinanneclarkposted 6 years ago

Aside from the new season of Stranger Things, my new favorite TV show right now is Mindhunter. It's an original Netflix show and its set in the 60's when FBI agents were beginning to utilize the help of imprisoned serial killers to help them learn and expand their behavioral science unit. Super interesting, cast is great, and very informative.

37. shawneelynn92 profile image61
    shawneelynn92posted 6 years ago

Criminal Minds, currently.

I like the character development, plus the procedural crime aspect is always a plus.

My second choice will always be Castle. Just waiting for them to add it to a streaming service so I can watch it from start to finish lol.

38. profile image52
    Richard Leclercposted 6 years ago

UFO, was a British Sci-fi show for 1 season, 1969 to 1970. The show was very exciting with FX and serious drama.

39. profile image58
    emma78posted 6 years ago

I'm watching a German show called 'Dark' which is very good.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)