Should Celebrities be made to go to “Drama School”?

1. Lady_E profile image77
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

Should Celebrities be made to go to “Drama School”?

There are so many singers, Rap Stars that I see acting in films now (some good).  It makes me wonder how the other Actors who spent a LOT of time in Drama School, feel.

2. profile image51
    Gracious Octoberposted 8 years ago

i think some of them need to and if they are serious about the profession they should. most people that have something that they like to do continuously train to do it no matter how good they are.

3. Support Med. profile image74
    Support Med.posted 7 years ago

Wow, been a while since you asked this. I think some may mind it, but others will not.  I agree with Gracious October, that it should be a definite thing to go to Drama School to perfect your craft (even though for some it may already be perfected without it). It adds a '+' on their resume, per say.

Your question also makes me think about how an actor may feel when he/she is passed up for someone who has 'little or no experience' in the acting industry.  Some are just discovered all of a sudden, or may have had experience as children doing commercials only, but then are given a great opportunity for a role in a major film.  I think we know, that a lot of it is also about the 'right look' for the part as well.  Either way, wish I had some of that money, LOL!!!

working