jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to pick road trip music

1. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

How to pick road trip music

2. John McKay profile image56
    John McKayposted 8 years ago

How do you pick road trip music?  Easy.  Pick something you really like.  If you want it to be effective, pick songs by only a couple of artists.  Play the music as you drive.  Start to finish.  No song hunting or skipping songs.

Music seems to anchor my memories.  Bach and Pachabel will always remind me of my trip to Telegraph Cove on Vancouver Island.  I remember vivid details becuase just thinking about the music reminds me of how my son looked in his car seat, how he laughed and froze as he ran in the waves at Tofino, how he screamed when he was tired of driving.

Ane Brun and Damien Rice will always remind me that I survived divorce and separation on my own.  It brings back the thick suffocating heat of summer, the buttercups on the side of the roads, and the long drives with nowhere to go.   

Our memories are linked in ways we don't understand.  Music can etch them forever in our heads so that we can can find them quickly and relive them in a way that is far clearer than they would be if the world was silent.

I ALWAYS have a song in my head.

3. lovebuglena profile image88
    lovebuglenaposted 8 years ago

How to pick road trip music?

Well... it definitely cannot be something that will make me fall asleep...

I actually have a favorite radio station I always turn on when I go somewhere by car. But sometimes I just blast what's on my ipod.

4. profile image31
    cipriano000posted 7 years ago

u go to the shop and pick it
    http://www.music90.info/

working