jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

this movie is set in Robin Hood times

1. profile image45
    ashley_dezaposted 8 years ago

this movie is set in Robin Hood times

there is a father who tells his King that his daughter can spin straw into gold. So the king puts her in a cell and gives her a pile of straw and tells her to spin it, but she actually can't. and im pretty sure Rumpelstiltskinhelps her out.......... whats the name of that movie?!?!

2. profile image42
    Sinneslustposted 8 years ago

Rumpelstiltskin is a movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114306/

3. profile image45
    ashley_dezaposted 8 years ago

that version of Rumpelstiltskin is a horror movie, not what im looking for.

4. iantoPF profile image81
    iantoPFposted 8 years ago

I really do not know if a movie was ever made of it. It's a very short story written by the Brothers Grimm, Jacob Ludwig Carl Grimm (1785 to 1863) and  Wilhelm Carl Grimm (1786 to 1859) They gathered folk tales from around Europe and wrote them for the enjoyment of the layman.
    In Rumplestilskin a Miller wished to make himself seem important so he told the king his daughter could spin gold. So the king had the daughter placed in a room overnight and ordered her to spin. She was in tears until a goblin appeared who asked for a gift and in return he would spin the gold.
    The first night she gave him a knecklace, the second night her ring, the third night she had nothing left so the goblin said he would spin the gold if she would promise him her first chid after she becomes queen. She thought this so unlikely that she agreed.
    The next day the king was so delighted with the gold that he gave the miller's daughter in marriage to his son. In a years time she bore a son. Sometime after that the old king died, his son became king and now the miller's daughter was queen. She had forgotten all about the goblin until he appeared to claim his payment. After much wrangling the goblin said that he would return in three days. If, by then sha had found his name,she would not have to give up her son.
    She sent retainers far and wide to seek out his possible name.
    A messenger returned and told her that he had seen a ridicolous little man beside a small house. The man was dancing and singing;
    "Today I bake, tomorrow I brew my beer;
    The next day I will bring the queen's child here.
    Ah! lucky 'tis that not a soul doth know
    That Rumplestiltskin is my name, ho! ho!"
    So when he arrived he was so shocked that the queen knew his name he tore himself in two.

Hope you enjoyed the story. maybe you could be the one to make a movie about it wink

working