jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What cute things have your kids said?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image96
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 6 years ago

What cute things have your kids said?

My son used to refer to the 'Lizard of Oz,' and he was fascinated by 'Bamfire Bats.'  Those little misstatements are among my favorite kid memories. I'd love to hear cute things your kids said when they were little!

2. thumbi7 profile image64
    thumbi7posted 6 years ago

My girls were small then, probably  the elder one was 6 years and the younger 4 years. One day they were quarrelling over some petty thing.
    I could hear from the kitchen, the elder one yelling at the younger "You are a fool"
    Pat came the reply with equal force " No I am a half"

3. GDiBiase profile image80
    GDiBiaseposted 6 years ago

Hi Marcy,
    They say cute things that's for sure!
    My grand daughter made me a card and wrote on G'ma you are a great women. In making it her mom helped her with the spelling but she decided what to write on it. She said to her mom, that will make G'm laugh. She was right I have it hanging in my home office an every time I see it it brings a smile!

4. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

My oldest son always used to ask his dad to go to "blockbusted" and get a mobie - (blockbuster to get a movie) and my youngest one and I were walking down the nerf toy aisle last fall and he said I want a "bammo" I said what is that and he went for the nerf guns with the foam darts - so when he opened one from Santa on Christmas he was all excited "My bammo! My bammo!"

5. wonderingwoolley profile image55
    wonderingwoolleyposted 6 years ago

I don't have kids, but I have some pretty cute nieces and nephews. This past Halloween, my four year old nephew dressed up like his hero, Robin Hood. When he went to the neighbors house- she said, "what a cute little Robin Hood!" He took off his hat and replied "It's not Robin Hood, it's me under here!" which was super adorable. Then he would run back to his parents waiting on the sidewalk and say, "I said thank you, can we go to the next house now?" He's a pretty smart, adorable kid, and I love hearing these little quotes from him.

6. savanahl profile image69
    savanahlposted 6 years ago

Whenever you walk into the room, even if you were gone for a minute, my 2 year old daughter will say "welcome back. I'm so glad to see you."

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

My oldest daughter, now 30, had am imaginary husband and I asked her what his name was and she thought for a minute and said," Hoota Bob."  So Hoota Bob has been a treasured member of our family for years.  She also used to say, "cuppa cuppa" for thank you - who knows where that came from?  But we use it on occasion today.

Like you, I love the unique "family language" and have recorded all these wonderful little anomalies.  That just make me smile.

8. Cre8tor profile image98
    Cre8torposted 6 years ago

Well it wasn't exactly said but my son at 6 in kindergarden had a paper with various questions to answer. They were encouraging kids to write the words as they "hear" them...phonetics I think. Anyhow, one particular question was..."What is something you like?" My son replied...."I like hores." I think the teacher comment only made it better by saying...."We talked about this and your son is a big fan of HORSES! :-)"

9. justateacher profile image81
    justateacherposted 6 years ago

When my oldest daughter was in kindergarten, her class was supposed to memorize a nursery rhyme. Hers was Little Miss Muffet. She practiced and practiced for days. When it was finally her turn to recite it in front of the class, she said "Chicken McNugget sat on a tuffet..." Her teacher laughed until she cried...

10. TripleAMom profile image86
    TripleAMomposted 6 years ago

Before my second child started school, she and I used to hang out together while her brother was in school.  Her brother's name is Aaron and when we ran errands, she always thought we were running "Aarons".  One day before she started school she asked me, "Mommy, when I start school will you run Alyssas".

working