This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How does a 3D television work?

1. LeonJane profile image90
    LeonJaneposted 8 years ago

How does a 3D television work?

3D technology is about rapidly increase worldwide, how do 3D televisions work, do I need to upgrade my old TV, will it improve what I already see on the television?

2. HubChief profile image80
    HubChiefposted 8 years ago

3d television uses stereoscopic concepts. two images slightly apart create 3d affect. how stuff works.com has more clear explanation.

You would not need to upgrade your TV, it is just going to add more fun to watching adventures television where things are thrown outwards and would appear to be flying on us.

Recently there was a coneference in Las Vegas showing all brands 3D televisions. youtube has a lot of those demonstrations.

3. HubChief profile image80
    HubChiefposted 8 years ago

The television technology research is bypassing the limits that were set high by color TV technology over three decades ago.
    From black and white discrete scene TVs to color TVs was a continuous evolvement which stopped in 80s and research got... read more

4. 3dtvuk profile image47
    3dtvukposted 8 years ago

Yes, you'll WILL need a new TV... one that can refresh a picture faster than 120Hz because it will need to show one picture for each eye fast enough to not cause eye-strain. You'll then need 3d glasses, and, naturally, some 3d content, either from a 3d blu-ray player or from a broadcaster such as Sky or ESPN.

5. zohotv profile image50
    zohotvposted 8 years ago

TV, it is just going to add more fun to watching adventures television where things are thrown outwards and would appear to be flying on us.

working