jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Who is the most influential entertainer ever?

1. manthy profile image76
    manthyposted 7 years ago

Who is the most influential entertainer ever?

I think it is either Elvis Presley or Michael Jackson, but I want to know what YOU think!

2. ramkkasturi profile image60
    ramkkasturiposted 7 years ago

I assume that you are referring to influence on the viewers or listeners. I  thought the most influential was Lucille ball who really made people laugh for years and stayed in their hearts. Then I would say Carol Brunnet and in recent days Oprah (is she an entertainer ? I dont know) But then it really is not possible to just name one or two because there are so many that have made history of their own.

3. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

This is a difficult question to answer but since you used the term "entertainer" as opposed to other terms such as singer, musician, etc., I find that I would have to say "Elvis."  Here is my reasoning.  Elvis took a genre of music that essentially almost did not exist and pioneered a frontier for it.  He was not just a singer, a musician, a dancer of sorts and an actor, he was all of it in one package.  On that basis and on the basis of his originality and talents I would have to say that he was singularly the most influential.  WB

4. Lady Summerset profile image81
    Lady Summersetposted 7 years ago

Michael Jackson's whose life seems to have been cut off too soon.  An excellent performer and entertainer.

working