Are old movies and songs better?

1. profile image50
    fionadeogposted 7 years ago

Are old movies and songs better?

2. profile image0
    ShadowKing!posted 7 years ago

Each person has their own definition of what is a better film. Classic movies, many of them, were filmed with more artistic qualities. (Wizard of Oz, Gone With the Wind, Citizen Kane, most of Cary Grant's and Bette Davis' films, etc.)  Movies like Crank seem to be based on nothing but explosions, shootings, & profanity. Comedies are not funny any more. Most movies are a sad case of lack of creativity.
    As for song, I don't see how any lyrical-liking music fan can deem today's songs as better than 80s or 70s songs. There is more emotion, dynamic word play, originality, & musical range in 70s & 80s. Today's songs are trite, badly or half decently composed carbon copies of yesterday's golden tracks. Heavy Metal is crap, still sounding the exact same. Pop has no more signature sounds (much of it sounds like R&B stuff). R&B artists sing the same themes over & over & over: booty, booty, booty. Hip Hop is complete trash lyrically with the exceptions of 50 Cents (who I barely like), Jadakiss, and my boy Eminem. However, Country & Techno have improved; Alternative/Grunge is still a hot boy; and Soft Rock is still a contender.

working