jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Which is better old movies or new movies?

1. jdh1968 profile image57
    jdh1968posted 7 years ago

Which is better old movies or new movies?

2. profile image0
    shygirl2posted 7 years ago

I think it depends on one's own preference.  I like a bit of both myself.  Classics and some of the new ones out there.  Love your question...as I love movies! : )

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I like the old ones.  They seem simpler somehow--mindless fluff is my favorite--the old romantic comedies of the early 60's.

4. Rooskaya profile image48
    Rooskayaposted 7 years ago

Old movies are better than new movies as they were simple,original.

5. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 7 years ago

There are great classic old movies like Lawrence of Arabia and Spartacus.

The good thing about newer movies is a wide variety of origional stories like Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings.  The remakes of movies are terrible.  That should never be done.  Unfortunately Hollywood seems to be running out of origional stories.

6. TimMEy profile image82
    TimMEyposted 7 years ago

Well there are many timeless classics and plenty of old movies are simply amazing. On the contrary new movies developed from the Old ones, learned from them and got inspiration.

Yeah sure many people say Old Movies are Originals but to be honest, every idea has existing before and even the old movies just adapted from books or history.

From my point of view the modern cinema is qualitative better because they have way more options to express what they want to show. Clearly there is more crap out there in nowadays then in the past because everybody can do all kinds of movies but if you select the movies you like, then I think there is way more quality out there today then in the past.

7. Matt in Jax profile image69
    Matt in Jaxposted 7 years ago

Seems rather odd, but I'm going to vote newer movies overall. Because even though it was twenty years ago now, I'd include the 90s in that category.

8. lilibees profile image62
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

Both I totally enjoy a old movie when I am alone with no children or husband and the new ones I enjoy with friends and family.

working