jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why is Every New Song About Girls?

1. HoopBot profile image56
    HoopBotposted 7 years ago

Why is Every New Song About Girls?

I realised that all these crap new songs are about relationships... ALL OF THEM! It sucks, can't they talk about something else as the true old school artists did!? I guess not . . . Look at Justin Bieber too: he's 12 and he's constantly talking about girls and sex! WTF

2. Liberate profile image53
    Liberateposted 7 years ago

Society Is Insane, Though Love And Life Can Be Found In Everything.

I Enjoy Disturbed, Music With Passion...

Though, Hold Onto Your Beliefs, I've Never Liked New Music Anyway, We Already Have The Best Possible Music.

We Have Enough Passion In Our Songs, Continue To Find The Message It Brings.

I Think, More Of Our Songs Should Be About God Then Simply Sex.

Sex Can Ruin Your Life, Wait Until You Find The Right Girl!

3. profile image51
    swami dhyanposted 7 years ago

well all the main composers are male.why should they need to compose about themselves.our point of attraction is girl.obvisiouly we shoud express our feeling about girl.

4. Denise K Zimmerma profile image55
    Denise K Zimmermaposted 7 years ago

He is at that stage of life.  Just keep a firm grip on him, teach him to respect girls and he would be fine.  They are not sex objects, but someone with feelings that may get the wrong impression on his in tensions.
    Let him talk to your pastor, or have him attend church.

5. Nick B profile image80
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

I would say the majority of popular songs have been about girls and/or relationships.

Just go to one of the chart websites and look in the archives. Back about as far as you want to go there is a preponderance of songs that are either about girls, relationships or both.

It's not just now, it's always been that way.

1970:
    The wonder of you - Elvis, Band of Gold - Freda Payne, Something - Shirley Bassey

1971:
    Maggie May - Rod Stewart, Knock three times - Dawn, Hot Love - T Rex

1972:
    Without you - Nilsson, Puppy Love - Donny Osmond...

Are you starting to see the pattern here?

Donny wasn't much older (if at all) than Justin Bieber when that came out and they were a good Christian Mormon family.

6. HoopBot profile image56
    HoopBotposted 7 years ago

Oh my, thanks for the responses but I REALLY wasn't throwing a massive religious party.

7. ChristianRecca profile image60
    ChristianReccaposted 6 years ago

this has been going on for millenia. i think a relationship is the perfect metaphor for life in general. plus, we're all just so filled with hormones that relationships are what we we're into.

working