jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

how do i publish a song

1. profile image45
    megitaposted 7 years ago

how do i publish a song

i wrote a song

2. kazemaru2 profile image58
    kazemaru2posted 7 years ago

copyright with us copyright office and register with bmi.

3. krishubpages123 profile image31
    krishubpages123posted 7 years ago

you have to get copyrights from music company and register with them for release...

4. F.L.I.M.M profile image55
    F.L.I.M.Mposted 7 years ago

I'm sorry for the delay. I've just been very busy lately. Okay to start off make sure you have it copywritten. If it's a song with vocals you need to register it with soundexchange also. You need to also join a Performance Rights Organization. Your two choices are BMI or ASCAP. There's not really one better than the other so you'd need to research which is best. If you plan on forming a publishing company then be sure to sign up for both. From here you should learn about how to write a license which I will be making a hub for in the near future. This basically gives someone certain rights to your song like maybe for one movie use or only in a certain territory. From here you find people to license your music to. Your best bet is with independent producers. They really won't have a large budget so you would be there savior. lol This of course doesn't cover it all but if you're really interested in learning more I'll make a whole hub strictly on publishing your own music. I'll even make it a guide so there will be something to follow. In the meantime, visit our site at www.fruityloopsindiemusicmaker.com. We discuss a ton of topics you would benefit from.

working