jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does anyone provide classical guitar lessons for christian hymns like Amazing gr

1. profile image61
    hctposted 7 years ago

Does anyone provide classical guitar lessons for christian hymns like Amazing grace, Abide with...

me etc here?

2. merobinson2 profile image72
    merobinson2posted 7 years ago

Are you asking for personal lessons? I have a friend who is an excellent guitar player whom I'm sure could teach you to play those songs.

3. profile image61
    hctposted 7 years ago

Personal lessons? Can you let me know how this is done online? Provide guitar tabs and video?

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I'd recommend you to listen to Christopher Parkening, the Christian Classical guitar guru.  If one were to learn the basics of reading music, or enough of it to interpret tablature properly, then there are going to be unlimited arrangements of all of your favorite hymns available.

5. profile image50
    Forgiven-Sinnerposted 5 years ago

I realize this question has been on here for quite some time.  More than likely, you've had your Question answered. 

However - Many of the Songs / Hymns have Guitar Chords found above the Lyrics.  These are Also Known As - Lyric/Chord Sheets.  Most 'Church Praise & Worship Teams, usually use Lyric/Chord Sheets when doing Songs like this.

The Best place to start, when trying to tackle a Song like 'Amazing Grace' is to Learn how to play Guitar Chords.  Guitar Chords is a Much Faster way of learning to Play the Guitar, compared to learning to Read Music.

If you want a Good Way of learning how to Play the Guitar Chords, that many Churches use when doing Praise & Worship Music - Check out - http://bgpfg.webs.com/

This website is 'Free Christian Guitar Lessons'.  It's a pretty Cool website, with TONS of short cuts!