jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What would be the situation in the world if we never had any entertainment?

1. remaniki profile image81
    remanikiposted 7 years ago

What would be the situation in the world if we never had any entertainment?

From time immemorial, we have heard of the existence of some form of entertainment or the other which helped people relax. It could even be called a wild distraction for people sometimes (or very often?). Just wondering how better or worse we would be without entertainment. Would like to know your thoughts. Thank you.

2. Don Ship profile image79
    Don Shipposted 7 years ago

The answer is simple. We would ALWAYS be bored.

3. Right On Time profile image63
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

People would think. GASP!!!                                                        .

4. wilbury4 profile image72
    wilbury4posted 7 years ago

I agree that we would become bored... Entertainment brings out our emotions, for example it can make us happy or sad, making us laugh or cry. I think we would become robot like without any entertainment.

5. OrlandoC profile image61
    OrlandoCposted 7 years ago

Human beings would never have moved passed hunting and gathering. What is life without music, books, and all other forms of entertainment? Just sleeping and eating. What would you talk to your spouse about? Even the big ideas we have are often an offshoot of a book we've read or television show we've seen. With no creative outlet, would the human mind really have progressed?

6. Ruchira profile image78
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

This is a very interesting question...What if there was no entertainment in the world...this world would be full of stress, diseases since all work and no play can make anyone dull and sick of the monotonous activity and maybe the suicide rates would be higher as well.
    Gosh...things would definitely be on the down side with lots of cries and pain. Thank god for music and entertainment!

7. profile image0
    Travis_S_Musicposted 7 years ago

It would be impossible to have no entertainment. Entertainment comes in more forms than media related things. Entertainment can be as simple as thinking, looking at the stars at night, or watching life in general. IF it were possible to have no entertainment, that would mean being literally brain dead and in-human. You would be..well..not living. The only things that have no entertainment are non-living things, like rocks. By the way, hunting and gathering was and still is a form of entertainment. It's also considered a sport now. If we didn't have that, there would always be fighting. There is always some conflict between all species some where. This could pose as a form of entertainment. Think back to the old Roman times, where their entertainment consisted of the brutal fighting of gladiators. If you can't find entertainment in something "friendly" you will find entertainment in something deadly. This goes for all living species.

8. roadrockafella profile image60
    roadrockafellaposted 7 years ago

I'd have to agree with Travis' point. I think entertainment is relative. People will eventually seek out means to entertain themselves since humans are curious by nature anyway.

But if you mean entertainment like TV shows, music, or something related to the arts to be non-existent, I guess people will tune in to academics, and technological innovations and advancements (well this could be a form of entertainment too).

9. hasan82 profile image56
    hasan82posted 7 years ago

If there would be no entertainment then we humans would have driven an alternative that make us relax or obtain object what we tends to attain from entertainment :-).

10. Shahid Bukhari profile image61
    Shahid Bukhariposted 6 years ago

We will have more Time in life, to Reflect upon the Realities of Life ... In the Noble Purpose of being Humans.

Entertainment, my friend ... is a "Ploy" devised by those, who need a diversion, to keep people busy ... away from the Reality of Life ...

Life is not Movies, TV, and Fiction ... Life, is within the Higher Purpose ... of the Human, Being  Humans ... Meaning, Humane, seeking Fair livelihoods. 

This devised preoccupation is for the common folks, and affords the nefarious ones, the opportunity of Executing their Plans ... the daft Plan of Enslaving, the rest of humankind ... in these Modern times !